What's new

Sunset over NY (Brooklyn Bridge)

djportalatin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 27, 2011
Messages
202
Reaction score
32
Location
New York
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a hand held (settled against the fence), 3 exposure HDR taken from the Manhattan Bridge. Almost got ran over a million times by people are bicycles, but it was well worth it.
Hope you enjoy!


Sunset over NY by Daniel Portalatin Photography, on Flickr
 
Glad you survived the bikes.

Nice HDR imaging as there is just a slight HDR effect that can be seen. The foreground of just water isn't very strong, and there is just so much of it. I would really consider cropping it to just below the bottom of the shadow of the tower on the right, so that of the bridge becomes in essence the foreground. It's a strong image that adds a tremendous amount to the tonality of the sky and setting sun.
 
I like the sun beam/light reflection on the water and don't want to crop the image and lose it.
 
I like the sun beam/light reflection on the water and don't want to crop the image and lose it.

With the crop I suggested, 90% or so of the sun's reflection is still in the water, and it's the brightest part of the reflection.
Like I said, the crop tightens up the image as a whole, and it's just that much stronger. Make a copy, then try the crop, and see if you like it. If not, just delete it.
 
Joel_W said:
With the crop I suggested, 90% or so of the sun's reflection is still in the water, and it's the brightest part of the reflection.
Like I said, the crop tightens up the image as a whole, and it's just that much stronger. Make a copy, then try the crop, and see if you like it. If not, just delete it.

I'll definitely try it. Thanks for the suggestion.
 
Joel_W said:
With the crop I suggested, 90% or so of the sun's reflection is still in the water, and it's the brightest part of the reflection.
Like I said, the crop tightens up the image as a whole, and it's just that much stronger. Make a copy, then try the crop, and see if you like it. If not, just delete it.

I'll definitely try it. Thanks for the suggestion.

As my mother used to say: Try it, you'll like it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom