Sunset over NY (Brooklyn Bridge)

Glad you survived the bikes.

Nice HDR imaging as there is just a slight HDR effect that can be seen. The foreground of just water isn't very strong, and there is just so much of it. I would really consider cropping it to just below the bottom of the shadow of the tower on the right, so that of the bridge becomes in essence the foreground. It's a strong image that adds a tremendous amount to the tonality of the sky and setting sun.

I like the sun beam/light reflection on the water and don't want to crop the image and lose it.

With the crop I suggested, 90% or so of the sun's reflection is still in the water, and it's the brightest part of the reflection.
Like I said, the crop tightens up the image as a whole, and it's just that much stronger. Make a copy, then try the crop, and see if you like it. If not, just delete it.

Joel_W said:
With the crop I suggested, 90% or so of the sun's reflection is still in the water, and it's the brightest part of the reflection.
Like I said, the crop tightens up the image as a whole, and it's just that much stronger. Make a copy, then try the crop, and see if you like it. If not, just delete it.

I'll definitely try it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Joel_W said:

I'll definitely try it. Thanks for the suggestion.

As my mother used to say: Try it, you'll like it.

crop it into a pano, lose the FG water. nice sunset!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back