Sunset panorama: Island of Tromsø city, Norway

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hiked up to a very popular spot for tourists. This is probably the most photographed angle of Tromsø city, since you get a very nice view of the east side of the island, and it is easily accessible by a cable car going up 400 meters altitude.

I have a small project going on where I want the best possible high resolution panorama of the city from here, and this is so far one of my favorites. Ultimately I want a really big print (2 meters/6 feet on long edge) on an empty wall in our living room.

For those interested in the details, 40 images make up the panorama. I used a Nikon D800 and a Tamron 70-200 lens at 70 mm (and a tripod). The sun had started to set and it was really windy, so at my ideal settings (f/8, ISO100) the shutter speed was too slow to avoid significant shake from the wind. Therefore I ended up using f/4 and ISO320 for these images, which gave me a shutter speed of 1/200 second.

Panorama of Tromsø, Norway

Just for fun, attached is a 0.47 megapixel zoomed-in region of the Arctic Cathedral, a quite popular tourist spot.

Attachments

• Fjellheisen-panorama-crop.jpg
    Fjellheisen-panorama-crop.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 122

Most reactions

New Topics

Back