TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
menacing_sunset_by_swerve142-d47af2n.jpg

Swerve142 on deviantART

after_sunset_by_swerve142-d47admh.jpg

Swerve142 on deviantART

I left links to the deviantART link so you guys can comment/favorite/whatever there too :)

I like them, but the deviant art tag totally ruins the photo's.

Thanks. I just didn't want anyone to take or print them without my permission.

The watermark won't stop them.

The only sure way you can prevent your images from being stolen off the internet, is to not put them on the internet in the first place.

The watermark in the center of the pic is very distracting. Move it to the corner?

What others have said - move the watermark and make it smaller - spoils the whole image and turns people off from wanting to comment on the technical aspects of the composition.

If you think for one minute that a watermark will stop people from copying your images, then you have been reading a bunch of ???? - just so you know, I could grab your images, remove the watermark and they would be mine (so to speak) in less than 5 minutes - I won't tell you how, because I don't want those who don't know, to know how to do this easily...and it is soooo easy...as Keith has said - if you don't want them "stolen" - don't post them...

Regards,

WesternGuy

First of all, I can't control where and how big the watermarks are. Secondly, something is better than nothing, right? I came here for critique on my photo, not about how people can steal my images. Thank you

First of all, I can't control where and how big the watermarks are. Secondly, something is better than nothing, right? I came here for critique on my photo, not about how people can steal my images. Thank you

then post with no watermarks, trust me no one will steal your photos.

Not to be rude, but I think you guys can handle giving feedback on photos with watermarks. Thank you

Well, then WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!

*rolls eyes*

Not to be rude, but I think you guys can handle giving feedback on photos with watermarks. Thank you

Do you go into other people's houses and tell them how to interact with you?

No, but I do expect a photography forum to give me feedback on my photos. Perhaps that is too much of me to ask for.

You are requesting something from everyone (C&C) - and everyone is requesting something from you (removal of watermark). If you can't comply with their request, why should they comply with yours? Either remove the watermark and get unbiased, no BS, well-thought out critiques, or put your pictures up on facebook and have your family tell you how amazing they are. Your choice.

I like the photos swerve. The first one will be better with some of the dark sky cropped out. It overshadows the rest of the pic, which is lovely in color. I actually love the second one. I know it's probably not the best picture ever created and there are probably some technical rules you broke but I don't care, I like it.

As for the watermark.. let it roll off your back. It's your choice if you want to have one and nothing anyone says about that is going to change your mind. They like to just pick one thing on a thread and have 5-10 people comment on it. It gets redundant around here sometimes.

Or at least not upload them in a decent print size.

With a quick glance, I feel there's too much dead space in both.
#1: above the colours, that part of the sky is rather uninteresting
#2: the left half, right to the left edge of the (immensely annoying) watermark.

Sunset pics are all about the mood, and I think that dead space takes away from the mood.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back