Super cheap lsd rechargeable batteries.

You know what? You usually get what you pay for.
If you buy cheap, you usually get cheap.

I don't use LSD NiMH batteries.

I use the Powerex brand, 2700 mAH, and Maha chargers.

Three or so years ago I bought 8 of these 4 packs that include a battery case:
Powerex MHRAA4 Powerex AA 2700mAh 4-Pack Rechargeable Batteries

Powerex MH-C800S Eight Cell Smart Charger

I also recommend looking at the Knox 16-Bay Smart Charger. It's "pricey," but does a damn good job, and can handle 16 AA or AAA batteries at a time [emoji106][emoji106]

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have been using the 15 min charger it does not say how many amps it charges each battery at but I have got allot of charges on mine, I use the battery's for my wireless mouse and keyboard for my computer and a few other things now I have some in my speedlight.

from what I understand on a AA battery you should be able to safely charge at 1C with out hurting the lifespan of the battery's. but that is just going by what people say. I am not sure what the manufacture says the max C rating for charging is on one of these AA batterys. a 1C charge rate for a 2400 mah 1.2v battery would be 2.4 amps and 2.88 watts and that would take about a hour.

in order to charge one of those in 15 minutes it must be charging the battery at something like 4C which would be 9.6 amps and 11.52 watts per battery. my charger charges 4 of them at a time in 15 minutes, but on the back of my charger it looks like 8 amps is the most the charger can put out so none of that adds up because 4 of them at a 4C charge rate would be 38.4 amps and 46.8 watts so the charger must put out more than 8 amps.

MY RC helicopter battery's which are lithium polymer battery's. they are 5000 mah 22.2v six cell packs. I usually charge at 3C charge rate and they charge up in 20 minutes, 3C charge is 15 amps and 333 watts. you can charge them up to a 5C charge rate which would be 25 amps and 555 watts and they are done in about 12 minutes which I do sometimes. I have had the same packs for 4 years and they are still going strong and each one has hundreds of charges on them. I have a 1000 watt charger and a power 1000 watt supply to charge those. but those are made to safely charge up to 5C but even on those 5C is kind of hard on them so I usually stick with a 3C charge rate..

I am not sure what C rating these AA battery's are made to charge at before you start decreasing the life of the battery but from what I have read it looks like 0.5c - 1c is generally what most people wan to charge theirs at, I wish I knew how man amps my AA charger charged each battery at.

Last edited:
I'm using an Energizer 2.8v 260-300mA "Extra-low voltage" charger. I bought it at walmart loaded with 2400mAh batteries.
I never have had any issues with them and they last forever on a charge, with weeks sitting at a time between uses.

Last edited:
I'm using an Energizer 2.8v 260-300mA "Extra-low voltage" charger. I bought it at walmart loaded with 2400mAh batteries.
I never have had any issues with them and they last forever on a charge, with weeks sitting at a time between uses.

This has been my experience with these batteries as well. I have 6 sets of 4 batteries, with three sets sitting in my gear bag as mere backups if I happen to use up a set in my flashes. I've shot several all day events using my speed lights off and on throughout the day, and I have yet to drain a set completely. Also I've actually done a voltage test on them, and they maintain their charge extremely well. I tested one of my backup sets that had been sitting for more than three months, and they were still a bit more than 3/4 charged.

I have been using the 15 min charger it does not say how many amps it charges each battery at but I have got allot of charges on mine, I use the battery's for my wireless mouse and keyboard for my computer and a few other things now I have some in my speedlight.

from what I understand on a AA battery you should be able to safely charge at 1C with out hurting the lifespan of the battery's. but that is just going by what people say. I am not sure what the manufacture says the max C rating for charging is on one of these AA batterys. a 1C charge rate for a 2400 mah 1.2v battery would be 2.4 amps and 2.88 watts and that would take about a hour.

in order to charge one of those in 15 minutes it must be charging the battery at something like 4C which would be 9.6 amps and 11.52 watts per battery. my charger charges 4 of them at a time in 15 minutes, but on the back of my charger it looks like 8 amps is the most the charger can put out so none of that adds up because 4 of them at a 4C charge rate would be 38.4 amps and 46.8 watts so the charger must put out more than 8 amps.

MY RC helicopter battery's which are lithium polymer battery's. they are 5000 mah 22.2v six cell packs. I usually charge at 3C charge rate and they charge up in 20 minutes, 3C charge is 15 amps and 333 watts. you can charge them up to a 5C charge rate which would be 25 amps and 555 watts and they are done in about 12 minutes which I do sometimes. I have had the same packs for 4 years and they are still going strong and each one has hundreds of charges on them. I have a 1000 watt charger and a power 1000 watt supply to charge those. but those are made to safely charge up to 5C but even on those 5C is kind of hard on them so I usually stick with a 3C charge rate..

I am not sure what C rating these AA battery's are made to charge at before you start decreasing the life of the battery but from what I have read it looks like 0.5c - 1c is generally what most people wan to charge theirs at, I wish I knew how man amps my AA charger charged each battery at.

Ummm....we are in the photography forum, not rc helicopter forum likes Helifreak.com. Lithium polymer battery is completely different from NiMH battery. There have been a lot of mixed reviews going on with duracell and energizer especially the fast charger. A lot of my local stores sell duracell, energizer, and rayovac. I had no choice, but to buy these. Many of these rechargeable batteries sold out quickly. I used to keep buying duracell because of higher mah, and many of these batteries keep failing on me after one to two charges. Some of the newer version of duracells run okay. TPF recommends eneloop, so I bought a few and give it a try. I have been using a lot out of my speedlight for party events, volunteering, and shooting a lot of people. Turns out eneloop is pretty good for speedlight and I keep using with no sign of deterioration.

I use the same stuff

fyi .. here's a thread talking about rechargeables and the ones that are falsely listed with high mah when they're not ==> Rechargeable battery in your speed lights? | Photography Forum

Ummm....we are in the photography forum, not rc helicopter forum likes Helifreak.com. Lithium polymer battery is completely different from NiMH battery.

]

According to what I have read, the same formulas applies to AA charging as far as how man amps you charge the battery at according to the MAH of the battery.

so you are saying that is not correct?

Ummm....we are in the photography forum, not rc helicopter forum likes Helifreak.com. Lithium polymer battery is completely different from NiMH battery.

]

According to what I have read, the same formulas applies to AA charging as far as how man amps you charge the battery at according to the MAH of the battery.

so you are saying that is not correct?

Lithium polymer and NiMH are both different chemistry. Lithium polymer outperform NiMH, but can not use for flash. You can not put LiPo on speedlight. Some LiPo brands can safety charge up to 5C without deterioration. These are for RC helis and cars, not photography. In Lipo, once fully discharge, this battery gets damaged, and recharge again can catches fire. For regulator eneloop, low charging rate work best if you want to maintain 2,100 life cycle. I use speedlight a lot, and I don't want to take a chance to charge at very fast charging rate.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back