Error

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Super Macro Your Cellphone Camera Using DVD Lens

A DIME
dm8804.jpg

We have a different style of doing a macro shot using our camera. Some crop the photo or use a different macro lens or macro filter. In this sample image you see that the image is totally different. You don’t need to use an expensive macro lenses to do the job.
The face of Franklin D Roosevelt on a dime was taken by combining different lenses (Cellphone lens & DVD lens). This is not possible by pointing your camera about less than 20mm (2cm) away from the dime face. What I did was a process of “lensectomy” using the lens from an old PC DVD player as a macro filter. I attached the PC DVD player’s lens on my iPhone and focused it on the dime’s head just a few mm away. The DVD player’s lens served as my modified macro filter. Cool hack huh? :sexywink:

Here's how it looks like when attaching the lens...

10xvtbo.jpg

28a7v47.jpg

Here's brand new additonal macro shot using cellphone with hack DVD macro filter.

The Silver State (back of the Quarter)

1zejjag.jpg

In God We Trust

230avs.jpg

Pink Flower

34gr383.jpg

Lavender

wbte2e.jpg

Last edited:
lol sim card haXXX! :D
Yes Globe Sim Card or any sim card :lol:!!! well anything that you can use to attach the filter like card board. :lol:

You can remove the filter anytime you want because as you can see, it’s only tapes at the back of my iPhone.

Most reactions

Back