super vivid gum print, Orchids.

windrivermaiden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ojai-orchids-gum.jpg

I've been working on this one for a while. It is on 300 lb paper so it takes a beating. I've printed heavy and dark, 4 color process, mostly yellow and black with just a hint of cyan and magenta.

The patron saint of alternative photo must be smiling on me, We've gone to 4 day work weeks, which gives me friday to print! Yay! :hail:

This is gorgeous, and I just love the texture of this paper, too. It seems to add another dimension to this print. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

A four day work week....? Good for you, girly, and I'm green with envy. :lol: Glad to see you're putting the time to such good use here!

The paper is #300 Blockingford from England, If I could afford to I'd print everything I do on it, I would.

I did some work for an older watercolor artist a few years back, digitized his collection for a life's retrospective. And when I admired his stash of full packets of the paper, he offered some as partial payment. Wow! I hoard it but use it too. He has since passed on, I am grateful to have had such a neat experience and to have some one know that there is sometimes a currency more important than money. The only regret I have is that I didn't split between the hot press and the rough press (which is what this is). I felt honored to even be getting any so I didn't get choosey.:lovey:

It is a very thristy paper and takes 4 heavy coats of gelatin size to make it work. And it takes forever to wash. bit wow. it looks good.

I missed this thread earlier. I don't know exactly what is involved with gum printing but the results are stunning. I guess it is even better to see it for real as the structure of the paper must add to the print. Brilliant!!

This is fabulous.

And yes, great papers are seriously expensive.

That's a beautiful print!

I have dabbled enough in gum printing to know how much work and artistry is
involved. One of these days I will try it again. :)

Wow, they gotta make that paper aviailable.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back