Superbowl XL Predicitions!

Who Will WIN the SuperBowl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
27-17 Steelers

Hasselback will throw 2 INT's and Alexander won't get more than 60 yards, if that.

You win 3 consecutive games on the road in the playoffs against very good teams...there's no stopping you. Go Blue Collars!

I think the Seahawks will have an easy time with the Steelers. The Seahawks just dont get enough credit. Everybody talks about the Steelers as if they are some great team and the Seahawks as if they are some **** poor team.

I mean, weve got Walter Jones, Hasselbeck, Shaun Alexander......that has to count for something right? Its like people dont even consider the Seahawks in the same league as the Steelers.

Soul Rebel said:
I think the Seahawks will have an easy time with the Steelers. The Seahawks just dont get enough credit. Everybody talks about the Steelers as if they are some great team and the Seahawks as if they are some **** poor team.

I mean, weve got Walter Jones, Hasselbeck, Shaun Alexander......that has to count for something right? Its like people dont even consider the Seahawks in the same league as the Steelers.

that would be me. :lol:

I can't believe y'all actually think either of these teams are going to win....

My money is on Chuck Norris. He'll roundhouse kick both teams into submission.... then the scorekeepers so they will say he wins. :p

I live close enough to Seattle (just over an hour) that I hope they LOSE. I mean, seriously... if the Hawks win, the fans are going to rip Seattle apart in one big party. So go Steelers.

treehuggerhikerboy said:
that would be me. :lol:

Denver. Broncos fan? I guess that could explain things.....even if you arent, being from Denver has to count for something. And that tree hugging thing. Come on. So thats 3 strikes against you. You are rooting for the wrong team, you are from Denver, and you hug trees. Can it get worse?

;)

I kid. I think it will be a good team. The Seahawks are not a far superior team but I do think they match up real well. I think the Seahawks have as much of a chance as the Steelers of winning this game. It should be good.

The Hawks have been underrated all year long...they are kind of isolated up there in the northwest. We get Hawks news up here because our American networks some through the Spokane affiliate stations.

I'm a Raider fan but my buddies (& dad) have been hawks fans for 20 years. They have had their hearts broken time & time again...this is their year.

The Steelers winning on the road is impressive...but the Hawks were at home because the won just about all of their season games. If the had been on the road, they'd have won as well.

More impressive is that the Hawks won with the NFL MVP, knocked out in the first.

Hasselbeck is more mature and more experienced than Big Ben. Betis is good, but he's old and only good for 3 yards at a time. Alexander is very good and if they stop him, Hasselbeck can carry the team to victory...as seen already.

Actually, it should be a good game. If one team gets up early and forces the other team to change the game plan...that will be big.

I think our defense is much better than people give us credit for. This year we are getting pressure on the QB and with Hill and Tatupu we should be good up the middle. Bettis wont be a problem IMO.

I sure wish we had Hamlin out there though. With Hamlin and Boulware I would be much, much more confident.

Was anti-Broncos for this year (actually, anti-Shanahan, long story), and actually won money when they lost to Pittsburgh. I just couldn't deal with the media anymore...it became nauseating.

However, Pittsburgh is just too good in the playoffs this year. Road warriors win championships in every sport, and so it will be this year.

I agree with you on one point, Bettis won't be a problem....but Big Ben will be. He'll dissect Seattle's secondary like a high school biology frog. :lol:

Put on your riot gear if you live in Seattle.

Now off to hug some trees...

Well, it's time to fly my Terrible Towel proudly. My first wife was from the Pgh area and I quickly became a fan (before they were a dynasty in the 70's) and have been faithful since. Been to several games at 3 Rivers (ex father-in-law sold steel and the company had a box there), met a lot of the players from the 70s Super Bowl teams, yada, yada, yada.....
The Steelers defensive coach, Dick LeBeau, lived in my neighborhood and I was the paperboy then. Damn, is he that old?
A good friend from high school played for the Seahawks in the late 70's and early 80's. Seattle area people will recognize Steve Raible - he's now a sports TV personality.
I think it'll be a good game, very close, with the Steelers' defense and Big Ben's poise being the difference.
Steelers 27, Seahawks 21

Most reactions

New Topics

Back