What's new

Suppression

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought this was... interesting.

Kamco Korner Board - 112.jpg


c/c welcome, curious of reactions.
 
if you were to clone out the hanging conduit on the far right, and up the saturation a bit on the red plate... I would like it better! It would almost be like a selective color shot, since the rest of the frame is basically monochromatic.

Makes me think of FIRE as a verb for some reason.. the geometrics are interesting, almost lulling... and then boom... FIRE! ( or am I full of it? I know that is a dangerous question to put forth on this forum.. but hey.... )
 
I would have liked to have seen the detail on the horn/strobe. The portion that is in the shadows is actually the voice annunicaiton portion and is a section of the unit filled with horizontal lines since it is the speaker. That horn/stobe would have been a perfect focal point for this shot.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #4
I would have liked to have seen the detail on the horn/strobe. The portion that is in the shadows is actually the voice annunicaiton portion and is a section of the unit filled with horizontal lines since it is the speaker. That horn/stobe would have been a perfect focal point for this shot.

Yeah, I was more concerned about FIRE as I figured it would be pretty distracting if it was fuzzy, but the strobe is an interesting detail point.

if you were to clone out the hanging conduit on the far right, and up the saturation a bit on the red plate... I would like it better! It would almost be like a selective color shot, since the rest of the frame is basically monochromatic.

Makes me think of FIRE as a verb for some reason.. the geometrics are interesting, almost lulling... and then boom... FIRE! ( or am I full of it? I know that is a dangerous question to put forth on this forum.. but hey.... )

Well you ARE full of it, but we love you anyway. ;) j/k

Anyway, yes... what you are describing was very much what got my attention... that and "err, are they gonna wall up the fire alarm? that seems ill advised... what an interesting statement "we care so little about fire that we'll wall up the protection devices!" and then I was like "gee, you know, a fire alarm on a concrete wall is kinda funny too..." The whole thing was just odd. :)

Interesting that you called out the color vs semi-monochromatic nature. I actually upped the saturation slightly on the red and desaturated the rest. I didn't want to go overboard and be accused of selective color, so I more just pitched things up and down a bit to make the same point without going overboard. :)
 
funny how diffrent people see diffrent things. my eyes went straight to the sprinker pipe and i pretty much disregaurded the strobe. my profession is a project manager for a fire sprinkler company. at work right now browsing the site while i wait for my pc to convert my 2d drawing into 3d.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom