supreme skies

craig said:
Dramatic. What are you trying to say about America's justice system?

...i tend to emphasize these skies when shooting DC structures especially this one: highest court - extreme power = dramatic skies. just denotes power to me; nothing more.

The frame does denote power. On the other hand a brooding sky may mean trouble ahead. I enjoy the tiny people in the original shot. How ironic is that; Maybe The Supreme Court just eats us tiny humans?

The point being: The Court building is marvelous. Your photos of said building are first rate. Certainly the next step is thinking about what is inside. Think about 200 plus years of supreme rulings. Think about the people who do business there. Could you photograph inside? Are you close enough to hang out when there is a mob of people?

craig said:
Could you photograph inside? Are you close enough to hang out when there is a mob of people?

No, photographing "our" buildings here in DC is becoming harder than before with security personnel misinterpreting the law regarding the photography of federal buildings. I would love to photograph the interior of this one, but only invited professionals are allowed. :( Maybe if my TPF family wrote congress and campaigned on my behalf :wink: Yes, I live close enough for mob gatherings but nothing has caught my eye thus far.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back