Sure fire tips to woo your potential mate

11 - Go to an improv show. Bonus points if you get on stage and actually pull it off.

Wow, pgriz, the rest of your advice was spot on, but I don't think I'd challenge ANY of these people to get on stage and "pull it off." :biglaugh:

You guys truly have no clue.
What you want to happen, somewhere in the early evening, is for your date to turn to you and say,'You've been so terrific and sweet to listen to me talk, now let me hear about you.'

Listen, don't talk and surely don't show off.
People want to be listened to, not talked at.

Pgriz's advice is about finding a MATE--someone you can actually love and cherish for the rest of your life. Lew seems to be on that same page.
Much of the other advice is about how to hang around long enough to get past second base.

In all seriousness, the reason *I've* been single for over a decade is because I'm not interested in casual relationships. If I don't see any hope for a future with a potential date, then I wouldn't date them.
The three best ways to endear yourself to ME?
1. BE yourself. Either I'll like you or I won't. If I don't like you when you're being yourself, why would you WANT me to date you?
2. SHOW me that you are interested in ME, not just in getting into my pants. Because THAT is not gonna happen without a ring. Yes, I'm old-fashioned. I'm also old, so I've got a right. :D
3. Chivalry will get you everywhere. Well, everywhere, *except* as mentioned in #2.

Admittedly, the OTHER reason I've been single for over a decade is because either no guy has been interested, or I'm so completely oblivious to flirting that I've had no clue they were interested. Either is completely likely. :lmao:

#1 answer. Become womanlike at exactly the right times. Good Luck! Go forth and masteractuate!

Don't ask about barebacking until you're a regular, just stick to the basics of price for the first few sessions. Don't try to kiss her, but let her kiss you if she wants to.

7. Wear fur of some kind on the first date.

11 - Go to an improv show. Bonus points if you get on stage and actually pull it off.

Wow, pgriz, the rest of your advice was spot on, but I don't think I'd challenge ANY of these people to get on stage and "pull it off." :biglaugh:

Um. yeah - that was an unfortunate phrase I used. :D

But let me tell you a story about improv. My daughter flew last month to Vancouver to visit her sister who lives in Vancouver. My other daughter was there too. The three of them decided to go to an improv show, since my middle daughter used to compete in these improv competitions. At the show, there was a skit where an audience member was asked to describe their boyfriend/girlfriend, and the two opposing improv teams would alternate trying to act out the descriptions. If the description was accurate, the audience member would ring a bell, if not, honk a horn. So some time in the evening, my middle daughter was invited to come on stage and describe her boyfriend. The two teams were acting out her descriptions of him, but getting mostly honks. So the MC asks her if he can bring out another team who would try to do better. She agreed. And the next team that came out was... her boyfriend. He had arranged to fly out across the country, and before that, he called the various improv companies to see if any would allow him to put a little show together, and got the other two sisters sworn to secrecy. My daughter had no idea. And he proposed to her on stage. Of course, once she found her voice and recoved from her shock and surprise, she accepted. So... going to improv does work!

5. Offhandedly mention how quickly you can grow a beard.
Pfft you want to have grown the beard before meeting her!
All child's play.

The way to go about it is to go on a first date clean shaven, then show up to a second date a few days later with a full beard. And if she doesn't like the new look, shave it off right then and there with spit and a bayonet.

Offer to take her shoe shopping.
Remember her mother's birthday.
Surprise her with 2 step dancing lessons for the both of you.
Take her to a picnic lunch at the park on a weekday.
Find a nice way to make her laugh.

(These things worked for me, 25 years ago she agreed to marry me after 3 weeks into the relationship. We are still sweethearts.)

16 - Pull her hair and when when she turns around, make a piggie face.

17 - Run around the room making airplane sounds and bump into her "by accident".

Oh wait. That stopped working in grade 1.

Nemmind. :lol:

5. Offhandedly mention how quickly you can grow a beard.

tumblr_l6gcvx9klC1qd2d1ho1_250.gif

Most reactions

Back