Swan Lake

Oh, I admire people who can even tell one sort of swan from another! Wow. All I would know is that this is a swan. Full-stop (or period). No more! But to know which kind of...!? Way cool.

And then I admire people who know how to WELL photograph a swan, and you do! I like both of these very much and the green in the first ought to fascinate me, but imagine: I like the second best, contrasty as it is. It is such a wow-photo with the bright white swan against the all black background. Plus I like its form of head and expression here --- looks kindly and mild-mannered ;).

LaFoto said:
Oh, I admire people who can even tell one sort of swan from another! Wow. All I would know is that this is a swan. Full-stop (or period). No more! But to know which kind of...!? Way cool.

And then I admire people who know how to WELL photograph a swan, and you do! I like both of these very much and the green in the first ought to fascinate me, but imagine: I like the second best, contrasty as it is. It is such a wow-photo with the bright white swan against the all black background. Plus I like its form of head and expression here --- looks kindly and mild-mannered ;).

I cheated, I took a photo of all the name signs so I could figure out what was what ;)

Raymond J Barlow said:
too funny! Nicely done, I like the second too.. very nice!

It works though :lol: :lol:

Raymond J Barlow said:
too funny! Nicely done, I like the second too.. very nice!

You know you've made it when Mr Barlow says you've got good shots, cheers Ray

Ooops!

I just noticed this thread with the same title as my own posted 15 hours later! :lol: (Sorry! I didn't steal your title, honest!)

Great shots too! I love how you've managed to get low down to the waterline.:thumbup: Swans in sunlight aren't easy to expose for either. :x

PlasticSpanner said:
Ooops!

I just noticed this thread with the same title as my own posted 15 hours later! :lol: (Sorry! I didn't steal your title, honest!)

Great shots too! I love how you've managed to get low down to the waterline.:thumbup: Swans in sunlight aren't easy to expose for either. :x

you should of seen how much mud was on me after sitting on the bank for 45 minutes :lol: still it was worth it

Most reactions

Back