What's new

Swanage Bay

kulten

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 13, 2012
Messages
31
Reaction score
29
Location
Poole, United Kingdom
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Location: Swanage Bay, United Kingdom, 2010
Equipment: Nikon D200, Nikkor 50/1.8d, (No filters), f8, ISO 100, 50mm


1

dsc1693xe.jpg


2

dsc1693i.jpg


3

dsc1691c.jpg


4

dsc1697c.jpg


Thanks in advance for any comments.​
 
There's potential with the first one with the way the boats are situated on the calm water and the misty, distant cliffs.
 
Kulten,

having the Horizon centered seldom works well... and you more or less centered it on all of these! I love the locale.. very nice!

You have No editing enabled... so no one can show you what might work better! I would suggest some crops... not necessarily ROTS, but that is always something to keep in mind. Did you square these for a reason? You aren't shooting square format, are you?
 
Kulten,

having the Horizon centered seldom works well... and you more or less centered it on all of these! I love the locale.. very nice!

You have No editing enabled... so no one can show you what might work better! I would suggest some crops... not necessarily ROTS, but that is always something to keep in mind. Did you square these for a reason? You aren't shooting square format, are you?

Hi there,

To be honest I love great spaces and therefore I love taking my seascapes. Regarding your questions I also love squares and most my pics come from Nikon D200 but from time to time I take shots using mf Rolleiflex T. (so square format :)).
 
Kulten,

having the Horizon centered seldom works well... and you more or less centered it on all of these! I love the locale.. very nice!

You have No editing enabled... so no one can show you what might work better! I would suggest some crops... not necessarily ROTS, but that is always something to keep in mind. Did you square these for a reason? You aren't shooting square format, are you?

Hi there,

To be honest I love great spaces and therefore I love taking my seascapes. Regarding your questions I also love squares and most my pics come from Nikon D200 but from time to time I take shots using mf Rolleiflex T. (so square format :)).

Rolleiflex!!! NICE!
 
The first one is scary... just the fog alone and the absence of life on all 3 boats aligned not making it to port.

The last one is beautiful just peaceful.

Great Images.
 
Kulten,

having the Horizon centered seldom works well... and you more or less centered it on all of these! I love the locale.. very nice!

You have No editing enabled... so no one can show you what might work better! I would suggest some crops... not necessarily ROTS, but that is always something to keep in mind. Did you square these for a reason? You aren't shooting square format, are you?

Hi there,

To be honest I love great spaces and therefore I love taking my seascapes. Regarding your questions I also love squares and most my pics come from Nikon D200 but from time to time I take shots using mf Rolleiflex T. (so square format :)).

Rolleiflex!!! NICE!

You also have my dream set: Nikon D800, SB-900 x2, 14-24 2.8, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85 1.4, 50 1.4 :)
 
Now THIS kind of photography I can understand. The only one I may not be too crazy about is #2. The boats are kind'a overlapping and jumbled up.
Centering the horizon: I see the vastness you are looking for. Being a lover of the sea and boating, maybe I look at things a little differently then others here.
Unfortunately there's a possible "but". Since your photo's can't be edited, I used the browsers scroll to simply eliminate some of the sky. It may improve the photo or maybe not. Obviously, if it were a crop, you wouldn't just lob off a hunk of ski but I'm still not sure becuase I do like the quiet, peaceful, loneliness you captured here by centering the boats on the square format. There are folks here a lot smarter then I am when it comes to this stuff. I can only say what I see. Personally, I can see a 36 inch square, untouched, photo of #1 hanging on my wall.
 
You also have my dream set: Nikon D800, SB-900 x2, 14-24 2.8, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85 1.4, 50 1.4 :)

hahaha... thanks! I love my toys!
 
Should also mention that I love #1... I would have shot it in a 2x3 format with the horizon close to the upper thirds, as that is my preference. Square is wonderful, but never developed a taste for it. Always wanted one of the old 4x4's though... just never went there1
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom