Swans and geese and a few mallards

Civchic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Canada goose eh?! I was out today trying to capture some things..whatever I came across really, and really wish I had a better zoom lens..did you find yourself stretching your lens right out to get these shots or did you crop and enlarge any?

With the 55-250 IS, I'm stretching my lens way out for most of them, AND cropping to 25% - 50%. Luckily here in Hamilton the waterbirds are used to people - I had to push swans out of the way to get to the water's edge today - so it's kind of cheating. SOMEDAY I will get a bigger lens, though, but that day is quite a ways away. :)

Arghh, I love Canada geese and have yet to get a shot! They flew right over my balcony today and I didn't have the camera ready!

I love that first shot. And I'm always partial to swan's since that's part of my name :)

That's funny - to me they're like starlings or city pigeons - almost pest birds. In fact, the City has a program where they spray eggs in the nest with a polymer (kills the eggs but they won't lay new, just sit on them until they give up) to keep their numbers down. They really are beautiful big birds though (and grumpy).

I really like the first one and second but i'm not too sure about the crop on #2. But we all see things different :thumbup:

Actually billm, I'm not thrilled with that crop either, but there was a really ugly dock thing right above his wings that was all you could see with it in the frame. Silly birds flying right in front of ugly things.

Actually billm, I'm not thrilled with that crop either, but there was a really ugly dock thing right above his wings that was all you could see with it in the frame. Silly birds flying right in front of ugly things.

They do love doing that don't they :wink:

Most reactions

Back