Swans

hamburger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.heidorn-hamburg.de
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last weekend, which was quite sunny and summery, tempted my friend Barbara and me to take our motorbikes for a spin to the Baltic Sea.

And what did we find on the beach at Boltenhagen (former East Germany) but a number of swans? I never expect to see swans at the sea but a couple were actually taking a little swim in the briny:

schwaenewasser.jpg

schwanspiegel.jpg

mirror, mirror on the... sand???

These birds were obviously quite used to humans so we could sneak up really close and get the zoom lens working. The result: some swans portraits I'm quite proud of - and who has ever taken a closer look at the underside of a swan's bill? ;)

schwanportrait.jpg

jungesportrait.jpg

last year's cygnet, I assume

schwanschoen.jpg

schwanunten.jpg

I didn't catch the right moment for the real lovey-dovey, heart-shaped shot that you'll find on postcards but here goes anyway:

schwanenpaar.jpg

my only critique... Unfortunately there is some dust on your sensor in the top left of most of the pictures...

Unfortunately there is some dust on your sensor in the top left of most of the pictures...

I know... I realised that when I had them on my computer screen. Too late to do anything about it then...

Considering I have had this camera for just six weeks or so and have already removed annoying bits from the sensor twice, that's a real bugger!!!!

number 2 is really nice, with the mirror effect, if just his neck and head were more in focus.

in 7 the crop is a bit tight ...

5 is simple and very nice.

Considering I have had this camera for just six weeks or so and have already removed annoying bits from the sensor twice, that's a real bugger!!!!

2 days after I got my current dSLR, I was taking lots of outdoor test shots with varying lenses and ther were lots of pollen in the air ... you can imagine the rest of the story ;)

I also have the feeling that after about 3000 shutter releases my sensor collects much less dust! I have heard that sometimes the shutter itself produces some dust from abrasion and there might be dirt in the sensor chamber from the production process.

In any case, in 2 weeks outdoor dust and dirt I only had to clean the sensor once, even though I changed lenses about 20 times a day.

well that's something I've never seen, Swans on holiday at the seaside!

3 and 5 are my faves

number 2 is really nice, with the mirror effect, if just his neck and head were more in focus.

Thanks, Alex. Actually, this required a LOT of patience as there were few moments when a wave had lapped up high enough to provide a mirror at all...

in 7 the crop is a bit tight ...

Not really - they were moving about so much that I found it tough to keep them in focus. Here's the uncropped original:
140407091ganzluett.jpg

2 days after I got my current dSLR, I was taking lots of outdoor test shots with varying lenses and ther were lots of pollen in the air ... you can imagine the rest of the story ;)

Hmmmmmmm.... I certainly can! ;)

I
also have the feeling that after about 3000 shutter releases my sensor collects much less dust! I have heard that sometimes the shutter itself produces some dust from abrasion and there might be dirt in the sensor chamber from the production process.

Oh, that's reassuring... A piece of hope to cling to, at least!

Most reactions

Back