Sweet Home Alabama

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just a few photos from around my area

This one looks HDR but it actually is not. I just played with the shadows and highlights a little.
DSC_3878.jpg

This one was taken at 9pm at night
DSC_4196.jpg

DSC_3934.jpg

DSC_3038-1.jpg

The first one looks 3D -- very nice. The second is ridiculously gorgeous.

Those look great, keep them coming.

Thanks Everyone. I worked hard on the second one - I really wanted the Nikkor 17-55mm lens, but it was so far out of my budget, that I decided to give the Tamron 17-50mm a try and I must say that I am surprisingly pleased with the quality (used in photo 2).

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

#2 is definitely your strongest image among the four imo. Personally, I would do some dodging of the upper left hand portion where the highlights are blown or about to blow to balance this portion of the composition with the rest.

#1 looks over processed and it's glaringly obvious that heavy amounts of highlight and shadow adjustments were used. I know someone said it looked 3D, but to me it just looks flat.

#3 also seems to suffer from too much shadow/highlight adjustment. I'm guessing you wanted to see the trees with less silhouette. #4 also looks like it has similar heavy adjustments.

Based on the results it seems you were striving to achieve, I think you would be much better served by exploring the use of HDR. This process can be done with a great deal of realism and to deliver the dynamic range you are after without the loss of a more natural feel.

These images are amazing! They are suitable as wallpapers, especially the second photo. I also like the title of your series. Funny, I just found myself humming to the tune of "Sweet home Alabama" after viewing your post. Thanks for sharing!

Most reactions

Back