What's new

Sweet Miss R / C&C Appreciated and Valued!

ACrossley

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 1, 2009
Messages
94
Reaction score
12
Location
Birmingham, AL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi friends -
One of my first photo posts here. Any feedback is appreciated. These are edited but can provide the SOOC's if needed. I have been trying to focus the most on WB and exposure but need more practice ;) I know the focus is soft on her left eye in #3 but does it work? I've learned the at minimum the eye closest must be in focus ...

1.
IMG_16432BW.jpg


2.
IMG_1751-1.jpg


3.
IMG_18072.jpg
 
I like the shots, however I give a criticism which I have received regarding out door portraits. Look at her eyes, very hard to tell what color they are, need to use a flash.
 
Fill Flash, Fill Flash, Fill Flash! I agree with Mesoam, I want to see what color her eyes are (I can almost tell they are brown in #3) ... I truly believe that the eyes make the portrait (think of the National Geographic image ... you know which one I am talking about) ... I would also say, in an attention to detail type thing, is that I would have had the, "Pray for Kim" (?) wristband removed in #1 on the adult's arm.
 
Thanks guys! I love that NG image, too. I was using flash, just not to ITS best ability. I definitely need to work on flash technique. I just ordered a new flash, so I may pick up a flash workshop over the next month.

Yes, they are brown, but I would like to catch more detail - more catch light.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom