Sweet Picture Of My Little Sister

AudioInjectedSoul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Yeah, just took it, added some Gaussian blur in Elements and altered the levels.

GoodPictureAltered.jpg

Be harsh. I don't think it's my best work, but I'd just like to get some pointers on lighting/composition etc.

-Steve-

It's a nice effect with the blur & halo but I'd like to see a little more contrast in her face. It's hard to get a good look at the composition because the image is just too darn big...try to keep them around 600 pixels.

I think that a tighter crop would greatly improve this shot. There is just too much blown out background. A little is OK, but too much just makes it hard to look at. IT would be nice if you could crop out the curtain as well.

Cute girl, I'm sure you will have lots of photos of her.

The use of natural light is very nice...I would like to see just a little more light on her face though. All you would have needed is something to reflect some light back at her. Some white paper, or white fabric like a shirt or towel.

I am with Big Mike, in that a much tighter crop would improve the photo immensely.
A good one for the album

Hi Steve, welcome to TPF! :)

The crop helps a little, but it's still a terribly backlit image. The garish background light simply pulls your eye away from this cute little girl and her sweet expression. Natural light can be lovely, but in this case there is a blown area on the side of her face.

Try bouncing a flash or using a reflector, like Big Mike suggests - just point some soft light towards her. Her pretty dress will be bright and you'll get some catchlights in her eyes.

If she'll pose this naturally for you and look so cute, you should definitely keep trying. Find a less cluttered background and you should have a winner! :D

Most reactions

Back