Sweetheart

rccena

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just captured this a couple weeks ago of my sweet little one. when I pulled it up in LR it just felt like it should be BW. I LOVE black and whites, I'm so drawn to them for some reason.

50mm 1.8
ISO 400
f2.8
ss 1/60
bounced flash

Thanks for looking. :)

IMG_2866ED3br2.jpg

hey, great picture, baby is so cute, the eyes are amazing, you edited the photo in Photoshop right? what did you do? soften a little bit the body and sharpen the eyes?
BTW, maybe it's my monitor or my eyes, the photo has a little sepia look.

hey, great picture, baby is so cute, the eyes are amazing, you edited the photo in Photoshop right? what did you do? soften a little bit the body and sharpen the eyes?
BTW, maybe it's my monitor or my eyes, the photo has a little sepia look.

Thanks!! I think she's beautiful, but I'm a little partial since she's mine :). It's not your monitor or your eyes... I prefer BW's that are not "true" BW but have a slight sepia tone... so technically it's not officially BW lol! I converted to "BW" in LR and then sharpened the whole photo in PS CS4, then added a little softness with imaginomics portraiture plug in. That's it. :)

This would have been an amazingly beautiful PERFECT photo if you didn't cut off her arms.
thats too bad... :x

This would have been an amazingly beautiful PERFECT photo if you didn't cut off her arms.

So true!! I was frustrated about that too. It's hard to get any photos of her anymore because I have to keep backing up as she scoots very fast on our slick wood floors (& she's always coming to get me) LOL! Oh well, since it's only for me, it doesn't bother me too much. I had others where she was further back with her arms in the photo (where her smile was just 'eh'), but of course in her mind we were playing tag & she was just about to tag me in this, so her smile was huge :). & when it comes down to technicality over a chopped arm or a priceless face/emotion, I usually go with the emotion over the technical... when it's just for me :).

D'awwwwwsplosion. That is an adorable child. My only criticism is what SabrinaO pointed out, the photo would be better if the arms were left there. If you can manage to get her to sit still again I think she'd make a lovely subject :]

D'awwwwwsplosion. That is an adorable child. My only criticism is what SabrinaO pointed out, the photo would be better if the arms were left there. If you can manage to get her to sit still again I think she'd make a lovely subject :]

Thanks! I'll have to give it another try :)

So true!! I was frustrated about that too. It's hard to get any photos of her anymore because I have to keep backing up as she scoots very fast on our slick wood floors (& she's always coming to get me) LOL! Oh well, since it's only for me, it doesn't bother me too much. I had others where she was further back with her arms in the photo (where her smile was just 'eh'), but of course in her mind we were playing tag & she was just about to tag me in this, so her smile was huge :). & when it comes down to technicality over a chopped arm or a priceless face/emotion, I usually go with the emotion over the technical... when it's just for me :).

Yes, the missing arms...the missing arms...I think I would have taken 1/4 second and flipped the camera to

V
E
R
T
I
C
A
L

Orientation, and thus 1) gotten rid of all that empty space on the left and right and
2)included her fingers,hands,wrists,and arms...

But that would have taken like 1/4 second...so...I dunno...

Great Picture! I love black & white photos as well. And understand how it can be hard to get everything you want out of the picture but with babies/toddlers it can be difficult:)

Most reactions

Back