Swimwear Model: Marissa Pierce

You know as a photographer who works with models ALL the time, I am really starting to get sick of that sort of anti-skinny attitiude. The model in question eats... and a lot as a matter of fact. I've shot with her twice, and in that time period I've seen her eat 2 cheeseburgers, french fries, a Frosty and other various things. Witnessed with my own two eyes.

Metabolism is a fickle *****. Some people have it, some people don't. I've worked with models who are in the process of TRYING to gain weight, and others who are trying just as hard to LOSE it... but all Ive worked with have been HEALTHY.

Thanks for the other comments, I agree with the lighting issues.

EDIT: I pulled the photos. Now, before anyone assumes I pulled them because of a few negative comments, I assure you that is not the case. I've recieved plenty of negative comments on this forum and I don't usually pull the pictures. I pulled them because the model doesn't deserve to get into the middle of even a mild argument between the person who wrote the above quoted message and myself. Furthermore, when I post a photograph here for display, I am open to all KINDS of critique, and even could appreciate a comment saying she is too skinny for swimwear... but it is NOT fair to comment on a persons dietary needs and make negative comments, especially when she is not on this forum to defend herself.

That being said, no hard feelings about any of it, and I look forward to posting new photos here in the future! :)

I totally agree. I've seen some women eat way way more than I do, and they are stick skinny... drives me nuts. I need to watch what I eat and hit the gym 5 days a week to even feel that i can be in the same room as some of them, and they eat what they want and do yoga a couple times a week. Must be nice. Either way, ignore Bigtwinky... he's from Montreal, and most likely french... he can't help it.

Anyways, I thought the pictures were great, and the model was fantastic... too bad you pulled them, I would have liked to have seen more.

You know as a photographer who works with models ALL the time, I am really starting to get sick of that sort of anti-skinny attitiude. The model in question eats... and a lot as a matter of fact. I've shot with her twice, and in that time period I've seen her eat 2 cheeseburgers, french fries, a Frosty and other various things. Witnessed with my own two eyes.

Metabolism is a fickle *****. Some people have it, some people don't. I've worked with models who are in the process of TRYING to gain weight, and others who are trying just as hard to LOSE it... but all Ive worked with have been HEALTHY.

Thanks for the other comments, I agree with the lighting issues.

EDIT: I pulled the photos. Now, before anyone assumes I pulled them because of a few negative comments, I assure you that is not the case. I've recieved plenty of negative comments on this forum and I don't usually pull the pictures. I pulled them because the model doesn't deserve to get into the middle of even a mild argument between the person who wrote the above quoted message and myself. Furthermore, when I post a photograph here for display, I am open to all KINDS of critique, and even could appreciate a comment saying she is too skinny for swimwear... but it is NOT fair to comment on a persons dietary needs and make negative comments, especially when she is not on this forum to defend herself.

That being said, no hard feelings about any of it, and I look forward to posting new photos here in the future! :)

Points taken. I could of had more tact in how I posted my comment and the usage of a comparison to eating a sandwhich was not proper. I still stick by the fact that she is too skinny to my a model, but I do apoligize for my lack of tact. Thanks for bringing up the issue.

Either way, ignore Bigtwinky... he's from Montreal, and most likely french... he can't help it.

:thumbdown:

I was expecting/hoping to see more actually when i opened the thread today.
why would how the model looks ever be an issue i do not understand. Shouldnt the argument be about the lighting the composition the PP ..etc...

I was expecting/hoping to see more actually when i opened the thread today.
why would how the model looks ever be an issue i do not understand. Shouldnt the argument be about the lighting the composition the PP ..etc...

Psst... look on my flickr below! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back