Switch to Panasonic good idea or not worth it?

davholla

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At the moment I use Canon 60mm and 65mm lens and am thinking about doing the following in April
1) Get Panasonic GX820 and a macro lens and raynox from ideally a company with 30 day returns
2) Test them and see if I can get better than with my Canon

If I can keep them then sell the 65mm lens and possibly the 60mm, I will still keep the Canon bodies for birds and people.
I will use the macro lens for bigger insects and put the raynox on it for smaller ones. Any ideas on how easy it is to take these off? I would be worried about losing it. Saying that I don't often need to use both lenses at the same time.

This is because of Post Focus, I think for someone like me who doesn't use tripods much and 99% of the time photographs live insects it should be easier to get stacks with Panasonic. Any thoughts?

Here is my current flickr public photos, most of which are Macro
davholla2002

I have the Olympus 30mm Macro, and I personally think it does fantastic work. It's tiny, unobtrusive, and is very sharp. I can't access Flickr from my work computer, otherwise I'd look through your photos and post a few of mine as examples. Others also rave about the 60mm, but I do not have that.

Just a reminder, with Panasonic, you'll be in m43 format, so the Olympus 30mm is a 60mm FF eq. The 60mm is 120mm FF eq. So, depending on what you like, you have those two options to choose from.... and if your budget is high enough, you can get both! :p

I've also heard great things from Raynox, but I do not have one.

Here's an example I posted on here with the 30mm. This was handheld. I have other examples that I can post once I get home.

Liberty Dollar Coin - SOOC to Final Review

I have both Raynox 150 and 250, they are great as you just clip them on the lens and snap away.

Most reactions

Back