Switching from neck strap to hand strap

JClishe

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In a few weeks I plan on picking up a battery grip for the 'fitty. I've held a friends 50 that had a grip, flash, and hand strap. It was quite heavy with the flash and the grip, and the hand strap made a HUGE difference.

I hardly ever use my neck strap so I'm thinking that when I get the grip, I may get a hand strap also. But my only concern is not having a neck strap for the rare occasion when I actually would use it. For example, a couple weeks ago I was shooting Tiger Stadium in Detroit, and I pulled out the PowerShot S5 in order to take video of the demolition. I put the 50 around my neck with the neck strap while taking video with the S5.

So my question is, once I remove the neck strap and install the hand strap, is there some sort of quick-release neck strap system that I can use, for the rare times that I actually need a neck strap?

Jason

Domke straps have a quick disconnect, but the ends that stay on the camera would probably get annoying if you never use it...

Plus, they probably use the same mounts - I don't think you can use both at the same time.

I find the Black Rapid strap to be very handy. I can completely let go of the camera but not have the strap digging into the back of my neck. With the BR the camera hangs upside down just off my right hip. One quick grab and it's back in action...Sweet. You should check it out www.blackrapid.com (I don't use the RS DR-1 yet, I use the RS-2) watch the video clips.

Wow, the Blackrapid system looks sweet. I could leave the hand strap on full time and then easily clip on the Black Rapid strap when needed. Very cool. Thanks!

Jason

Most reactions

New Topics

Back