Sword, self portrait. C&C

FITBMX

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would like to hear some thoughts on this photo. :) I need to come up with a title for it.
I used a cardboard grid I made for my Speedlight and then hoisted it 12 foot in the air, I couldn't have done this without the new shop we built a few months ago! This is kind of light compositing, just to two photos merged.

sword.jpg

Nicely done; I would like to see a little detail in the eyes of the sitting you; not much, but just a little.

There is a kind of creepy feeling this gives me...not the type of image I typically like. Beheading is such a downer.

Nicely done; I would like to see a little detail in the eyes of the sitting you; not much, but just a little.

I thought the same, but I took this at night in pitch black with only the speedlight. So there isn't any information in the eye area to recover. I had to use the 10-second timer (my remote was controlling the flash), so getting the light right was a pain! But if I ever do another shoot like this I will make sure to keep this in mind, thanks! :)

There is a kind of creepy feeling this gives me...not the type of image I typically like. Beheading is such a downer.

Technically the head is still in place, but you are right, it can really be a bummer! :icon_crazy:

I also think it is clever. Creative and interesting. A personal statement and I think I kind of get it, and I like it.

I also think it is clever. Creative and interesting. A personal statement and I think I kind of get it, and I like it.

Thank you! Conceptual work like this can really mean something different to everyone, it is always interesting to hear what different think of it. :)

Most reactions

Back