Sx-70 mirror question

chunsah13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all,
I have a silly question but for a beginner is something I'm trying to figure out while searching for a sx-70 Polaroid camera in thrift stores. I want to know if the mirror inside is supposed to be a full square or does is angle in a slight V shape? I know cracked or broken mirrors are a no go as far as purchasing goes and I want to make sure I know what to look for before buying one. I have a photo of what I'm seeing and if anyone can tell me whether this is normal or broken that would help tremendously in make a more informed decision about purchasing this camera. Thank you to anyone who can help this incredibly novice photographer!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    996.8 KB · Views: 286
My sister was the unlucky recipient of one of those cameras back in the mid '70's. Or it may have been good as she was judged immediately on each shot taken and had instant critiques. I don't think I would want to use one of those again, and sorry, I don't remember the normal form of the mirror. I do remember taking apart the old film packs to try and do something with the batteries. Might have to look for film.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back