SX-70 with Impossible Film

Thanks for the info. Maybe what I'd seen was that they weren't developing film any longer since Snap is doing the 3D images digitally. I should be able to get film developed and scanned and then be able to use their digital processing.

I got out my 3D glasses which are actually by Polaroid I suppose for stereo viewing not the lenticular images, although I think I may have some with the red and blue lenses somewhere (if I can find them...). I didn't realize Fuji made a 3D digital camera.

I've recently resurrected my father's Polaroid - a 1965 Land Camera Automatic 100. Impossible Project is the only supplier for film for certain old Polaroids, but mine takes Fuji pack film - 100C and 3000B. Again, the chemistry is different from the original Polaroid pack film, but the Fuji must get it a bit closer than IP. Developing times for the 3000B are about 15-25 seconds and for the 100C, 60-120 seconds. If I remember correctly from peeling apart the original Polaroid pack film when I was a kid, those exposures were no more than a minute or two.

The IP film also seems to have more of that Barbara Walters soft-focus look than the Fuji. The OP's shots are quite pretty. Don't know that I'd get that from the Fuji.

100C
$day-161-garage-still-life-p1.jpg

3000B
$day-144-mrs-parker-bw-2.jpg

It's also fun to play with emulsion lifts and transfers.

Timoris - I love the first shot - the softness has that unmistakable look I used to get from out of date Polaroid. Loved it. ;) The larger version definitely shows the splotchy colors that the Impossible Project film gives, but for all its faults, it still delivers the magic. The blue along the bottom may have more to do with the SX-70 rollers than the film dyes - it's not as pronounced in the image you shot with the JobPro.

That first image is one of the nicest ones I've seen with this film. :salute: Keep up the good work!

Ahhhhhhh! I was wondering why I kept getting light leaks on the bottom, Thank you!

I will upload a new picture shortly, also taken with the SX-70 but this time with BW "Cool Silver" slides, it has a pronounced "Sploch" on top.

I also added this latest one to the first post.

Again with the SX-70, but with Silver BW film. The Processing time is MUCH MUCH shorter than the Colour Protect, but you have to be very carefull to keep it in the dark as soon as it comes out.

Note the artifact on the top, several other shots came out this way, making me believe it is a default during film manufacturing. I do not dislike it, artifacts are imperfections are why I love analogue.

Silver Back by Timoris, on Flickr

I love their B&W film, you've gotten some beautiful images with this film. I've used that more than color.

At least with their newer film you don't have to keep it dark immediately anymore, but with the earlier non-protection film once you figure out a way of handling the film when it pops out of the camera I don't think it's that hard to use (I got in the habit of flipping it upside down and against me quick, and have something ready ahead of time to slide the photos under to keep them dark - or maybe slide them in a pocket temporarily).

I haven't gotten the divots much, I think they might be caused by the way their film may not always spread completely as it goes thru the rollers (so maybe it depends somewhat on the camera); but they can work depending on the subject or scene.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back