What's new

Symmetry

the actual vineyard...

fantesca1 by keips66, on Flickr
The vines have been trimmed for the upcoming season.
 
Both quite nice I think. Good sharpness, color, etc.

The first could perhaps be trimmed a bit, raise contrast, darken to get a bit more graphic but that's just Monday morning quarterbacking.

8552588358_79d6fe03ff_blll.jpg
 
Looks like this was a pretty fun place to shoot!!
Both shots are nice. I think I like the first one a little more. The repeating barrels are just too cool.
In the second one, the crop feels a little off to me. I tried to play w/ it a little bit and I wasn't happy w/ anything I came up with.:er:
How much wine did you drink?!! Yum!!
 
Perhaps because the vanishing point is dead center on both? The wine? don't remember! haha -It was excellent.

fantesca5 copy by keips66, on Flickr
the back door...

fantesca6 copy by keips66, on Flickr
the front door...
 
By themselves, these are pretty photographs but a bit trite. We're seen 'em before, more or less, and no doubt we will see them again. One imagines that you might be able to buy postcards at the vineyard gift shop with these photos on them.

Together, they're pretty excellent. I think as a diptych, one placed immediately over the other, you've got something pretty great.


$foo.webp
 
I like Lew's edit, but would go even a little further to eliminate a little more of the OOF area and also that bright patch in the upper left.
 
Perhaps because the vanishing point is dead center on both? The wine? don't remember! haha -It was excellent.

fantesca5 copy by keips66, on Flickr
the back door...

fantesca6 copy by keips66, on Flickr
the front door...


I really like the one with the door opened. I just looks well composed and the colors are lovely! What a beautiful place to shoot!
 
Yeah I like Lew's edit too. This was my first crack at em. Focus stacking is something that I'm not familiar with. -I will make an effort to learn how, as I too would have liked more focus on the front of the barrels. I was a bit rushed in that first cave, and the light was horrendous. As far as seeing them before, your probably right. AND they are not very exciting. Just thought it was a unique spot to be in. Something I struggle with is making a boring subject interesting...especially when I dont have a lot of time to think things out...
 
Oh is that the Boone's Farm vineyard?
 
No, I documented a trip for some people with a magazine. My friend is well connected to some exclusive vineyards up in St Helena. This is Fantesca. Amazing location, and we went to several like this throughout the day.
 
Yeah I like Lew's edit too. This was my first crack at em. Focus stacking is something that I'm not familiar with. -I will make an effort to learn how, as I too would have liked more focus on the front of the barrels. I was a bit rushed in that first cave, and the light was horrendous. As far as seeing them before, your probably right. AND they are not very exciting. Just thought it was a unique spot to be in. Something I struggle with is making a boring subject interesting...especially when I dont have a lot of time to think things out...

Super easy. Just manually focus for foreground, mid-ground, and background. Use a tripod so the exposures line up. Manually blend in photoshop.

On modern DSLR sensors there's no getting away with slightly out of focus. Maybe in the lower megapixel days it wasn't as noticeable.

It's either in focus, or it isn't!
 
Would you mind sharing your settings for that first photo?
 
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR="class: lookatme"]
[TH]Exposure[/TH]
[TD]0.2 sec (1/5)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: lookatme"]
[TH]Aperture[/TH]
[TD]f/6.3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: lookatme"]
[TH]Focal Length[/TH]
[TD]24 mm[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]ISO Speed[/TH]
[TD]800[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Exposure Bias[/TH]
[TD]0 EV[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom