T1i?

Sbuxo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:confused: I just noticed that the T1i isn't thaaat expensive, for some reason I thought it was like $1,000.
I want the canon 50mm 1.8, so just assume I'm talking body only right now. I might get the kit lens but...:er:
Besides the T1i being an 'upgrade' compared to the xsi/xti [both of which I considered buying either of...], are there any T1i users that can show me unedited photos they've taken, I'd prefer to see how it handles low light and portraits. If you do post any pics, state which lens you used, please.:blushing: Also, if you've had any bad experiences with the T1i, I'd like you to post those too.:thumbup:

i have one, i love it, but on the other hand ive never had anything else so i have nothing to compare it too... ill see if i can dig up some unedited photos for you.... :D

oh and i have a few lenses including 50mm 1.8 which for roughly $100 is worth EVERY penny!

ok let me preface with this, im very new to photography and my skill level is luck at best, so here we go... also all of these are unedited i have most of them edited also but i just converted from RAW to jpeg then posted them.

these were taken with the kit lens 18-55mm

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_7490.jpg

sorry i had to whore it up with my truck...

these were taken with the 50mm 1.8

IMG_3062.jpg

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_7256.jpg

IMG_7375.jpg

and these were taken with a 70-300mm

IMG_8441.jpg

IMG_8473.jpg

IMG_8869.jpg

IMG_8905.jpg

I have the T1i, but the T2i is available and for a few extra bucks it may be worth it for you.

thanks for posting photos, do you have any that deal with low light situations?
I want to be shooting mostly portraits but I want to see how it hands LL.

I have the T1i, but the T2i is available and for a few extra bucks it may be worth it for you.

:thumbup:

Call me biased..:lol:

I was going after the T1i until I realized the T2i was available... and yeah... it's $100 more... and for someone who's racked up more (non-school related debt) than any 23 year old on the face of the planet should have ever managed to rack up (Don't worry, I've repented from my sins and am now married to, who I have dubbed, my personal finance manager ...and/or allowance distributor... :lol: ), $100 is a huge deal. But looking at the numbers... I was already going to pay $800... what's another $100 for the next step up? :lol:

Now if the T1i was only $500 and the T2i was $900... then maybe I would have stuck with the T1i... but... It was worth saving up for a month... because that's all it really takes. Save the $25/week party allowance for a month and ya got yer' self a T2i. :lol:
not everyone gets an allowance. I have a speeding ticket to pay for, my credit is maxed out (school), and it's 400$ a credit at my University. On Amazon, the T2i isn't only 100$ more..:er::grumpy: I'm hoping to pay off all of these things with a few summer jobs, and put the rest of the money towards a DSLR. But I also have to save for fall semester in case the scholarship I applied for flops.

:thumbup:

Call me biased..:lol:

I was going after the T1i until I realized the T2i was available... and yeah... it's $100 more... and for someone who's racked up more (non-school related debt) than any 23 year old on the face of the planet should have ever managed to rack up (Don't worry, I've repented from my sins and am now married to, who I have dubbed, my personal finance manager ...and/or allowance distributor... :lol: ), $100 is a huge deal. But looking at the numbers... I was already going to pay $800... what's another $100 for the next step up? :lol:

Now if the T1i was only $500 and the T2i was $900... then maybe I would have stuck with the T1i... but... It was worth saving up for a month... because that's all it really takes. Save the $25/week party allowance for a month and ya got yer' self a T2i. :lol:
not everyone gets an allowance. I have a speeding ticket to pay for, my credit is maxed out (school), and it's 400$ a credit at my University. On Amazon, the T2i isn't only 100$ more..:er::grumpy: I'm hoping to pay off all of these things with a few summer jobs, and put the rest of the money towards a DSLR. But I also have to save for fall semester in case the scholarship I applied for flops.

Hey man, do what you gotta do. I'm not about to have a pissing contest with anyone over who's got less money to play with. :greenpbl: :sexywink:

Haha a pissing contest..? Never heard that one before. :lmao:

I have T1i. It does good at low light with a good fast lens but I doubt it will do great comparing to other DSLRs for low light because it is the entry level DSLR. I shoot all the way upto 1600 ISO but I shouldn't go past 800 to be honest. If low light photography all you want, you may need to go for a higher body that does well at high ISOs or a full frame body. Unfortunately those will cost alot...
I also doubt there will be any noticable difference between T1i and T2i's low light handling. What makes the T2i desirable over T1i is it's video capability. T2i can shoot full HD video at 30 fps and you have full control over video exposure. T1i cannot do these but who cares if you only doing still photography. Same sensor size; they just crammed a few more pixels in it...

I have T1i. It does good at low light with a good fast lens but I doubt it will do great comparing to other DSLRs for low light because it is the entry level DSLR. I shoot all the way upto 1600 ISO but I shouldn't go past 800 to be honest. If low light photography all you want, you may need to go for a higher body that does well at high ISOs or a full frame body. Unfortunately those will cost alot...
I also doubt there will be any noticable difference between T1i and T2i's low light handling. What makes the T2i desirable over T1i is it's video capability. T2i can shoot full HD video at 30 fps and you have full control over video exposure. T1i cannot do these but who cares if you only doing still photography. Same sensor size; they just crammed a few more pixels in it...
is there a lot of noise?
i plan on getting the 50mm 1.8

It does pretty good all the way to 800. Noise almost non-noticable. At 1600, you start feeling it if you zoom all the way in. But if you are coming from the P&S background (as I am), you will still be impressed; Of course till you see how some other high-end DSLRs do:)))
There are cameras out there; @ 3200, you won't even notice a noise. And you can easily go for 6400 if needed.

So all comes with the money of course...

1) the T2i isn't that expensive either - 850 at best buy WITH the 18 - 55 "kit lens"; 800 body only; 950 bestbuy.com on line with the 75 -300, and 18 - 55

2) the 18 - 55 is one of the better kit lenses. Abes of Maine has the 50mm just under 100 (shipping included), adorama is just above 100

Most reactions

New Topics

Back