What's new

T2i Steal?

Mr.Bean

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Warrantied T2i body
2 Canon batteries
50mm 1.8 lens
Original Cannon vertical grip
16gb transcend class 10 memory card
Original cables and such

I'm waiting on some pictures and an actuation count.The seller is asking $550 shipped, is this a good deal? What other sorts of questions should I be asking?

I would really appreciate your input as this is the best deal I have seen on one to date!
 
Not into Canon but good deal, almost too good to be true.
 
Not into Canon but good deal, almost too good to be true.
Any idea as far as what questions I should be asking so I know what I'm getting?
 
He will be sending me the receipts, an actuation count and better pictures.
 
The first thing I would find out why he is selling it and why so cheap. Obviously if it is a scam he won't be telling you the truth but see if his story makes sense. Also is it a face to face transaction or a craigslist/ebay deal. If it is a Craigslist deal I would try to get some type of verification. Maybe you could ask him to take it to a local camera shop and have them take a look at it, then you could call the camera shop and get their opinion (if it's not a local deal). If he is willing to do something like this it is probably legit. If he won't put you in touch with any references then I would steer away from him. That camera is obviously not the highest end model that canon makes but it is expensive enough that the average Joe off of the street doesn't usually walk in and buy one. So if something about his story doesn't make sense just forget about it.
 
This is over the internet, he has a lot of vouchers as a seller. He send me a digital receipt for 850, he says he is selling it so cheap because they won't allow him to return it which makes sense. He sent me a screen cap of the actuation count which is under 100 and a link to the only thing he has filmed with it. It checks out, I'm just waiting on non iphone pictures.
 
You are going to see the t2i's drop in price a little bit since the t3i is now available so I wouldn't jump to the conclusion fast that this is necessarily a scam.
good luck!
 
My thoughts exactly. Also, not everyone pushes to get the most money they can when they are selling something. Then again, I have no idea what one sells for new.:meh:
 
He returned his stuff, so I couldnt buy it . :grumpy:
 
Or you were asking too many questions so he is now trying to scam someone else.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom