t3i causing noise, time to upgrade. but stuck b/t 6D, 7D, 60D, 70D

Well initially as I recall he had posted he'd wanted to spend no more than $1000 on a camera body and gave a list of 4 options, the 6d, 7d, 60d and 70d. I gave him a quick break down of the canon offerings available and pointed out that the 6d is running on average at around $1800 so it was out of his price range. Technically speaking the only camera he originally asked about was in his price range, the 60d - though I gave him a quick rundown in the 70d as well since it was pretty close to his limit at roughly $1100.

Yes I recall the same from the first page. I have seen the 6D used for 14-1500ish. Anyway, 70D or bust!

I bought my own camera used, I don't have a problem with it - but some folks really prefer new and/or refurbished. Can't blame them really, but as a result normally when I quote prices that's what I quote - that and because used can fluctuate so much so quickly.

Very true statement. Lens used are good as well.

OP, for static object(s), you may want to learn more about how to expose the photo properly or ETTR (Expose to the Right). Learn how to use artificial light(s) The result should be better than getting a 6D especially with the artificial lights.

OP, for static object(s), you may want to learn more about how to expose the photo properly or ETTR (Expose to the Right). Learn how to use artificial light(s) The result should be better than getting a 6D especially with the artificial lights.

Thanks for all the help guys! I will make sure to take these tips into account. Itll be a while until i can afford a new camera body (since im currently building a computer and also buying car parts.) One question though, for night shots like this one
View attachment 61641
what is "overexposure"? especially for night shots. what should the histogram look like when i process it (Im shooting in raw from now on), because there is MUCH less light at night, how can i possibly nearly "blow out the headlights"? Isnt any higher ISO than 800 gonna give me noise no matter what?? Thanks.

i was pissed because i did a shoot of 2 subarus (rolling shots) and ALL the photos were over exposed and i couldnt bring it down and all good detail was lost $100311_b27e0574a1.jpg

WHY did you overexpose all the rolling shots?

If I could make a recommendation, not certain what mode you were using here but you might want to try Apeture priority mode on shots like these, I use it quite a bit in wildlife photography. I don't use a T3i myself, but on my D5100 I've found that it allows me to control the exposure triangle quickly and easily to get the desired results without having to worry about under/over exposure. I can concentrate more on just taking pictures that way. I set my aperture for my desired DOF, and if needed I adjust my ISO so I can get the desired shutter speed for the given lighting conditions. Then I'm ready to fire away.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back