What's new

Table for DOF with Mamiya 645 extension ring?

Ulophot

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 18, 2020
Messages
18
Reaction score
7
Location
Virginia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am planning a series of still life photos using my 80mm and the #1 auto extension ring, In order to maximize DOF, I'll be using the lens at Infinity, about 21 inches at the plane of sharp focus. My guesstimate looking through the viewfinder is that DOF at f/16 will be roughly 5" in total, 2 in front, 3 behind. Since the prints will be small, I may use f/22. In any case, I'm wondering if there's a DOF scale for this ring with this and/or other lenses, or if someone has the calculation to make. I don't know the added separation distance of the lens from the body and have no way of measuring it.

Thanks.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom