Table Tennis Shots - 2nd try, please commet

DaveTheTank

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
D800e, 80-400mm, f/5.6, 30 ft. Converted, shrinked from raw file, unprocessed

PS: let me know when you think I am no longer a newbie :) I don't care how long it takes, I am lazy

$Paris0516_1 149.JPG

$Paris0516_1 154.JPG

$Paris0516_1 156.JPG

Last edited:
+1 ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

Keep your eye on the ball. Keep your eye on the ball. Keep your eye on the ball.
But, I'm getting cross eye'd too!

Table tennis is a difficult sport to shoot IMHO. These are good with #1 being the strongest image. I want to see hands in 2 and 3. I'd like to see more pics of the action.

Here are 3 from my attempt to shoot this great sport.

$WPTT_026_2x3.jpg $WPTT_036_2x3.jpg $WPTT_048_4x5.jpg

You're really getting some nice pictures. I might keep trying the vertical shots, that might get more of the athlete and less of the scorers' table, depends though on your vantage point. Looks like you're having fun.

Nothing wrong with any of these. Really solid table tennis shots.

Except for the pesky fact that there's no table.

These are fine photos, but they're becoming redundant. Let's see some wider shots; shots with both competitors and the table...

Just checked the EXIF data. I'm so jealous of your well-lit venue. Crisp clean images. : )

Yep. You can turn that camera 90° so the long side is vertical. That works well for taller than wide subjects, like people.

How about these 3 I took today?

$Paris517_2 024.JPG

$Paris517_2 025.JPG

$Paris517_2 030.JPG

Yep. You can turn that camera 90° so the long side is vertical. That works well for taller than wide subjects, like people.

Wow, what focus and concentration. Great photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back