take d90 to clydes ?

I travel a lot, so I am in a lot of restaurants. Lots of people take pics in restaurants, flash and all. Most are P&S, but that's not really important. Most are just capturing moments they think are important to them and most of the other patrons understand that. As long as you are just taking two or three pictures, no one is going to mind. If you get carried away and take 10-20 pictures, you will annoy people.

I wussed out. Mainly because I know I don't know what I'm doing yet. Indoor pics in dark with the sb600, I would rather learn in a slightly more forgiving environment. Didn't want everyone to see me fumbling around so much.
Good thing too. I tried some flash pics at brother in laws house yesterday, and I'm not posting the crap here. :)

I'm not getting discouraged, but there is a LOT to taking good pics, especially in poor light. It's definitely not a no-brainer.

I wussed out. Mainly because I know I don't know what I'm doing yet. Indoor pics in dark with the sb600, I would rather learn in a slightly more forgiving environment. Didn't want everyone to see me fumbling around so much.
Good thing too. I tried some flash pics at brother in laws house yesterday, and I'm not posting the crap here. :)

I'm not getting discouraged, but there is a LOT to taking good pics, especially in poor light. It's definitely not a no-brainer.

Don't get discouraged. I'm new too. But I've also learned that even the best photographers still take a lot of bad photographs. Thats why they buy the biggest memory cards possible and take hundreds and thousands of pictures. Sports photographers essentially do this when they take 6 fps of each possible game-changing moment. Depending on the photographer, i would argue that most photographers trash a large portion of their actual taken photos.

I guess I'm not shy at all. I take my camera everywhere with me. I even took it to the airport and sat and shot random pics of people during the Christmas rush. I fully expected a security guard to come question me but they didn't... this was at Chicago Midway airport.

Take your camera when you go back! The only way you'll learn to shoot in such environments is if you tinker with your camera in them.

I really enjoy low light pics and I really get excited when I think I've captured a good one. Here's one I took on Christmas Eve at my father inlaws.

IMG_1386.jpg

I didn't set the present there for the pic, they had so many presents that they were scattered around the living room. :)

I really enjoy low light pics and I really get excited when I think I've captured a good one. Here's one I took on Christmas Eve at my father inlaws.
Neat, because I have nearly the exact same lampshade. Only mine is on a floor standing lamp and turned the other way. Same colors/design. Last night, I was looking at it and though, that could be used for some background in Photoshop for something. So, I zoomed up close and took a bunch of different exposures of it.

Most reactions

Back