Takeoff!

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally, after trying for months to get a good flight shot of these Snowys, I had a very successful day yesterday. We ended up checking out a few spots around and photographed 2 Snowys and an Eastern Screech, but this was definitely the highlight of the day. We actually got to this spot and didn't see the owl sitting on it's usual perches, and while searching around I almost walked right into it. It was hanging out behind a few of the rocks in this photo with just it's head peeking over, so I set up sitting in the snow maybe 50 feet away. After about an hour something got it's attention, and it ended up flying right at me and came within 10 feet or so, which was incredible. Beautiful animals...

flight2.jpg

Very nice!

Thanks man! The best part is they stopped plowing the place this owl is at, so instead of 100 people standing around, it was just my buddy and I.

That's good, The area I've been going to since November has been closed since the blizzard 2 weeks ago.

Beautiful shot !!!!

Wow that is a great shot. Thats one you should be very proud of nice job

Finally, after trying for months to get a good flight shot of these Snowys, I had a very successful day yesterday. We ended up checking out a few spots around and photographed 2 Snowys and an Eastern Screech, but this was definitely the highlight of the day. We actually got to this spot and didn't see the owl sitting on it's usual perches, and while searching around I almost walked right into it. It was hanging out behind a few of the rocks in this photo with just it's head peeking over, so I set up sitting in the snow maybe 50 feet away. After about an hour something got it's attention, and it ended up flying right at me and came within 10 feet or so, which was incredible. Beautiful animals...

View attachment 94893

Beautiful image! Had to be exciting.

Very nice capture. It has its talons extended, which make sit look like it was going after something (hunting). Did you see if it caught anything? Just curious, because usually if they are just flying, you don't often see the talons extended.

WesternGuy

Very nice capture. It has its talons extended, which make sit look like it was going after something (hunting). Did you see if it caught anything? Just curious, because usually if they are just flying, you don't often see the talons extended.

WesternGuy

Nope, it just flew off onto another one of it's usual perches. It had just taken off a second before this frame so maybe that's why it's talons were out?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back