*taking the plunge* First Wedding

Do you mind if I add a few more for CC?

BryonWedding1.jpg

Bryonwedding3.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_9865.jpg

The cake is nice.

The bride in thought, I like that too. Even in B&W, they are nice.

The groom walking through the door and the gazebo, Just don't do it. The harsh sun just takes away from them.

Everyone has been touting how you need to read and comprehend Understanding Exposure from Bryan Peterson. It's a good book.

Enough so I went and got it from my local library. Free is nice. It's even nicer when you can go online and find out it's there and have it pulled off the shelf for you.

I also got a few other books coming. But while I was in the library, I parused the shelf of all the books they have and found another little gem there.

The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby. I did the 2 hour speed read on it, and now going back over for the more detail reading.

He has an entire chapter on wedding photography you (or any others) might be interested in reading. Portraits, lens suggestions blinking and bunch of other things.

I just feel compelled to say this to you Breanna...

First, I will NOT critique these shots at all, the reason for which will be obvious below:

Since I've started taking photography serious over the past year or more, I've been offered, on TWO occasions, to shoot weddings, and I turned them both down, quickly... out of pure fear and lack of confidence in my level of skill. I personally didn't think I was ready then, nor do I really feel as if I am now, however, I'm closer now than I was then of course, natural course of progression and practice in play there, but still would be very scared to get into it, especially if money became involved.

You, on the other hand... though I'm not aware of your photography time line, got out there and did it. I'm not saying you are a beginner, or that you weren't ready, simply because I truly don't know that, but it's possible. Even if these shots had come out so pathetic that you couldn't bare to look at them, the point is, you did it, and that my friend, is inspiring. I hope you made some money for this gig, though if you didn't, that's alright too, as it's still just as important.

Anyway, I don't know you, nor do you know me, so we owe each other nothing, meaning, I have no reason for being on your side, nor sucking up to you in any way. This message is true and genuine in all it's form, and I just want to thank you for being so inspiring.

For someone like me who's actually trying to get out there and make somewhat of a living with this skill/talent/trade (which I presume you are as well), this is just the sort of boost that I need. So, thank you, and keep it up my friend :)

Everyone has been touting how you need to read and comprehend Understanding Exposure from Bryan Peterson. It's a good book.

Enough so I went and got it from my local library. Free is nice. It's even nicer when you can go online and find out it's there and have it pulled off the shelf for you.

I also got a few other books coming. But while I was in the library, I parused the shelf of all the books they have and found another little gem there.

The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby. I did the 2 hour speed read on it, and now going back over for the more detail reading.

He has an entire chapter on wedding photography you (or any others) might be interested in reading. Portraits, lens suggestions blinking and bunch of other things.

I believe I do, almost fully, understand exposure. That being said, I was trying to play with the sunlight in a few of them (first one at the gazebo and groom through door). I have dozens and dozens of shots that I am giving the couple that are "exposed correctly", but that can be boring. Sure, the light is nice, the color is nice, but they don't necessarily interest me. Maybe I just have bad taste, though. :meh: haha. Of course exposure and those correctly exposed shots are important, cruitial actually, but I wanted to share some of the shots that I took a risk on.

Breanna,

I hear what your saying. My comment was not to say that you didn't, or weren't expressing yourself.

My comment was to share an additional reading resource which has a single chapter devoted to wedding photography.:thumbup:

The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby

Not by any means a "step-by-step" book, but one that makes you think and if it's something you want to learn more about, shows you some things to look into.

One of the suggestions he has is like with your last picture of the B&G walking down the aisle. Use a wide angle lens or even a fisheye.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back