talk about annoying...

zio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
so last spring in my last semester of school i took a photography class, which sparked my whole interest in photography. we developed our own film and what not and i got some great shots. well, i forgot that i had a roll of black and white film that i still needed to develop until just last week when i came upon it. so i took it to the photo developer on base, and went for the 1 hour development so i could see my work that much quicker. well, i wasn't thinking and didn't tell them that it wasn't C-41 film, but actual b&w film. the tech apparently didn't look at the cartridge either and assumed it was C-41. long story short, my film didn't develop. i guess that is what i get for taking it to a place like that...so for those of us that don't have access to darkrooms anymore, what are yall's opinions on using places like those?

Make sure you tell them plainly and clearly, like you would a foreigner.

"THIS...FILM here, see it? IS....NOT....C-41!...C-41!!!! YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS? GOOD...Deal with it"

Film? Whats this strange stuff of which you speak? Is it like and olfd fashioned compact flash card?

But seriously, always assume your dealing with morons in places like that. Always point out things that are different from the norm.

Very few one hour places process anything BUT C-41, unless I'm mistaken. :) And I know where I work we catch it MOST of the time...but some still get by un-noticed. When it gets really busy, it's harder to pay attention to those details.

I do my own B&W now but if I do send a roll in I do mention they'll have to send it away. Have'nt had a problem.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back