Talk about stereotypes.....

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
Just came back from the grocery store... I was at the cashier and the cashier girl (African American) asked me "Do you do nails?"

WTF WTF WTF WTF???!?!!!!???!

I don't know if that is stereotyping or just - er - randomness?

Well, do you do nails? Or do you and your family perhaps run a dry cleaners???

And as far as stereotypes go, I am firmly of the opinion that the NEW kind, where one plops his or her iPod into a small slot at the front, are absolutely the best kinds of stereos for this modern world. I know there are many other types of stereos, like rack systems, console systems, mini-systems, and so on, but the best stereotype is the iPod-based kind!

Is it funnier, because I don't know what molested cow looks like, or where he/she comes from, that I have to use the stereotypes to assume she is asian?

Pretty blatant assumption by the cashier but .... are your nails fancy?

DO you 'do nails'?
roto2gaydude.gif

Yer a dude? See, there goes the stereotype of women doing nails.

:facepalm:

and your posting this here because........wtf, wtf???

I break nails!!! :-x

Just a harmless asian dude with recently trimmed nails.

Really? And here I thought you were an albino midget of Nordic heritage with an interest in 13th-century French cooking.

I was just waiting for someone to mention 13th century French cooking. WTF. I love 13th century French cooking. The bread is a little stale, but the stew if fabulous.

OK, I ain't judgin', I'm just sayin', but around here, a very substantial number of nail salons are owned by asian guys. Along those same lines, most restaurants are owned by Greeks. Of course, I don't ask every asian guy I meet if he does nails, or every Greek guy if they own a restaurant. The real question, I think, is can you help my kid with his math homework? :lol:

Most reactions

Back