Talk to me about Android?

I have an S4. I just came off an iphone 4.

Not only do I like it... but when I decide I don't like the UI of the launcher... I can change it... and the keyboard... and the email app... and the everything else.

My wife and daughter love I-Phones but I got a NOTE 3 and now they want the same freedom to choose.

Closed Apple system BAD.

Open Android system GOOD.

I love Android. I have an Ipad (well, the kids use it more than I do), and that was enough to convince me to stay away from IOS. I love love love my Galaxy S4 - and the S3 I had before it.

Update:

I bought a S4 Active shortly after posting this thread and have just recently updated to an S5 Active.

Switching from iPhone to android was easy. I found that some of the apps I bought through Apple was actually free through android and that android offers a wider assortment of apps. As for reliability, my S4 Active did great up until about the time they released the S5. This was more my fault probably than the phones. My S4 Active was super slick in texture and would fly out of my hands all the damn time. I'm honestly amazed it still works after how many times I went crashing into a concrete side walk or asphalt parking lot lol Seriously, it stills has the original unprotected screen!

The S5 Active is great, its faster than the S4 for sure. The body is more rugged than the original Active, border line ugly.

My wife has a regular S5 and it doesn't seem all that different from the S5 Active outside of the rugged outer body. I mean it comes with the same weather sealed type battery cover. So I'm guessing it offer some level of water protection.

Our son has been using the Note 3 for quite a while, he got it back when the wife was still using an S3 and me an iPhone 4. Anyhow, just say it take a beating and keeps on working lol I'll play with it from time to time and preferred it over my S4 Active but it's about on par with my S5 Active in terms of speed. I think the S5 uses the faster Note 3 processor is why.

All in all, I wouldn't have an issue recommend either the S4, S5, or Note 3.

FYI: switching from Apple to Android wasn't an issue as far as learning the new software. It was actually very easy. The issue you will find however is making sure you concealing your old Apple phone in your iTunes account and making sure your iPad(s) are no longer connected to your phone number. All my text messages in the beginning would go to our iPads...this sucked around Christmas time when our son's iPad was on our account. I also had to explain certain personal text messages that was accidentally since to our son instead of the wife :blushing: So ya, make sure your old Apple device is not linked to your number still once you switch phones. Oh and watch out for updating your iPads, I updated my iPad once and it reset everything back to where my text started being sent back to my iPads instead of through our phones. It will also played hell with friends who use iPhones until you delete the old phone from your iTunes account.

Last edited:
...FYI: switching from Apple to Android wasn't an issue as far as learning the new software. It was actually very easy. The issue you will find however is making sure you concealing your old Apple phone in your iTunes account and making sure your iPad(s) are no longer connected to your phone number. All my text messages in the beginning would go to our iPads...this sucked around Christmas time when our son's iPad was on our account. I also had to explain certain personal text messages that was accidentally since to our son instead of the wife :blushing: So ya, make sure your old Apple device is not linked to your number still once you switch phones. Oh and watch out for updating your iPads, I updated my iPad once and it reset everything back to where my text started being sent back to my iPads instead of through our phones. It will also played hell with friends who use iPhones until you delete the old phone from your iTunes account.

That happened when my wife switched from Apple. Took us a long time to figure out how to fix it!

So I have a Samsung galaxy s3, have for almost twos years now, brilliant camera and I rooted mine, which means I can do absolutely anything I want to the phone. Saying that you can do almost anything to the phone without rooting it, but if you are going to root, caution, experience is somewhat required, as you can brick your phone, wrecking it completely, also bare in mind it voids your warranty, if you're thinking of rooting, use a program like easy root on your laptop, it does it all for you.

Most reactions

Back