What's new

Tallest in the state

ronlane

What's next?
Joined
Aug 3, 2012
Messages
10,224
Reaction score
4,962
Location
Mustang Oklahoma
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was out walking on the river walk this after noon and took this of the tallest building in Oklahoma. C&c please.


IMG_5413 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr
 
Was it built on soft ground?
Because it looks like its sinking on one side.
 
Sorry but it's not very interesting, nothing is in focus and the subject of the picture seems like an after thought in the background.
 
Holy buckets. I know you guys in the midwest love sonic, but two stories?? Is it like a parking garage then?

:lol:
 
unpopular said:
Holy buckets. I know you guys in the midwest love sonic, but two stories?? Is it like a parking garage then?

:lol:

Nope, it's the corp offices.
 
Holy buckets. I know you guys in the midwest love sonic, but two stories?? Is it like a parking garage then?

:lol:

Doesn't Sonic have like 49 flavors of soda pop? I have never been to one. The FIRST one in my state opened up about a year ago. Anyway, the photo doesn't feature the tall building all that well, nor the foreground scene either...it's not quite "the right view" to make the scene really pop off the web page...it can be a real challenge to FIND the exact, right view, but when one finds it, the photo will truly show it...it's one of those things that would take a lot of words to describe, but let's say this: AIM the camera, and LOOK, and look HARD, through the finder, and really try and 'see" what is being shown...and then try and evaluate what it is that needs to be done. Does the camera need to be higher up, like on a ladder, or a second story? or from the back of your truck's bed? Does the camera need to be lower to the ground? Maybe it ought to be swung to a "tall" camera orientation?

Some people advocate using one's OFF-eye or non-master eye, to bring in a different type of critical brain analytical ability when composing still life or landscape photos. I have tried that myself many times. Shooting this type of photo from a TRIPOD can be a big help, since it allows you to shoot, then review, and see a flat, 2-D representation of a 3-D scene, ASAP, right there, in the field. AND, it allows you to make minor refinements, and to then evaluate those! Zoom in or out, elevate or drop the camera, re-angle the back of the camera, eliminate minor tilted horizons,etc. I like you Ron, and that's why I spent this much time C&C'ing your picture.
 
Thanks Derrel, I appreciate the help. I may never get it right but it won't be from lack of trying.
 
Sonic was actually started in Shawnee, OK (home of Oklahoma Baptist University where I got my music degree), which is just about 30 miles east of OKC. Hence the headquarters being there.
 
Thank you for the feed back. I understand that I cannot fix this photo to incorporate the majority of the suggestions that you have put up here but I did go back in and I think I fixed the leaning problem. (How can I make sure that I am not doing this when taking pictures when I'm holding the camera?) I also had another picture of the same building that was taken while standing on the bridge that was in the first picture. Does this help any at all? (Note I went in and straightened both pictures.


IMG_5413 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr


IMG_5415 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr
 
That building is a leaner huh
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom