Tam Portfolio - Set I

Samerr9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All

This the first set of a model portfolio I did a couple of days ago. I hope you like.

Any C&C is much appriciated.

Best regards,

AAH

Jeanswhite1.jpg

Jeanswhite4.jpg

Jeanswhite5.jpg

Jeanswhite2.jpg

Jeanswhite3.jpg

Very nice work Samerr; two small points come to mind: (1) You need another 1/2 - 2/3 stop of light on your background to blow it out to pure white, and (2) Tell the model not to look at the your SB (or move it). That's a pretty big reflection in her sunglasses in #1. Aside from that, well done!

Very nice work Samerr; two small points come to mind: (1) You need another 1/2 - 2/3 stop of light on your background to blow it out to pure white, and (2) Tell the model not to look at the your SB (or move it). That's a pretty big reflection in her sunglasses in #1. Aside from that, well done!

Thank you Tirediron.

Honestly regarding the background, I tried to make it all white but it didn't work. I think next time I have to take the background lights more far from it and increase the power. I was using bare strobes just with the refloctor the comes along no diffusers. For my personal taste.. I liked how the background appeared, but does it look like professional work or it must be white?

On the otherhand, I am sorry but I didn't get how can I remove the reflection and what is the SB (is it the strobe?) If so, if I remove it the there wont be fill light from this side. This interesting anytips how to get rid of the reflection?

Thank you again because you and TPF members taught me alot and I am really happy with my work now and more important my clients are really happy.

SB = Softbox; if you look in #1 on the right lens of her sunglasses (image left), most of it is taken up by a large, white rectangle which is, (I assume) your soft-box. For future shoots, consider moving both the light and the model just enough to avoid this. The background isn't bad, and I doubt anyone but another photographer (or experienced model) would notice it, BUT it does indicate to me that your lighting wasn't quite as good as it could be.

Yeah that soft box is huge, it is 130x50cm. I will try playing around with that..

How about if I blow it to white in photoshop? like so:

Jeanswhite1e.jpg

I have to say this is a great set of images. I really don't mind the background the way it is, it's a little like how we used to burn in the edges when we were printing. Either way, nice images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back