Tamron 150-600 mm G1 lens stopped working

davholla

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Tamron 150-600 mm and it worked well with my 7DMKII and 90D.
IMG_3046_Gull by davholla2002, on Flickr

But now it doesn't work any ideas?
If I can't be fixed, I am thinking of going to a Canon 400 f4 and getting a 2x teleconverter to get better reach.

Could be the autofocus motor has failed. I know my G1 needs a firmware update, I've been meaning to send it to Tamron to have this done. I think their main repair place is in London, might need to send it to them to get asessed.

I have a Tamron 150-600 mm and it worked well with my 7DMKII and 90D.
IMG_3046_Gull by davholla2002, on Flickr

But now it doesn't work any ideas?
If I can't be fixed, I am thinking of going to a Canon 400 f4 and getting a 2x teleconverter to get better reach.
With no description of what's wrong, ideas for a fix are impossible. The picture could have been taken with almost any lens of similar focal length, so of course proves nothing.

Last edited:
Here is a better description it used to focus, now it doesn't focus.

Here is a better description it used to focus, now it doesn't focus.
Very good! Assuming you have well-cleaned all the contacts, your options are repair or replacement. Good luck!

Very good! Assuming you have well-cleaned all the contacts, your options are repair or replacement. Good luck!
I am going to try cleaning next - I got Covid about 2 hours after posting this.

I got Covid about 2 hours after posting this.
I'm hoping it will be mild and you'll be over it soon. Take care, and let us know how you get on with the lens.

I'm hoping it will be mild and you'll be over it soon. Take care, and let us know how you get on with the lens.
Thank you it is not too bad, just no energy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back