What's new

Tamron 17-50 f/2.8?

DrongoPhoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
61
Reaction score
1
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anybody have any experience with this lens? I think I might pick one up for my 7D instead of the 16-35 L.
 
It is a great lens for what it worth! It stay on my camera most of the time.

Of course, if I have the extra cash, I will go with the L or the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM.
 
It's great. Love mine on the 50D. Has proven itself to be as sharp as my 50mm 1.8 II under studio conditions. Only downside is that it doesn't work on the 5D. Is for crop bodies only. :(
 
It's my standard lens on my 7D (I have the one without image stabilization). I loved it on my 30D and still love it on my 7D.
 
I have the re-badged version (promaster...it's the same only it was cheaper with less of a warranty...so I took a gamble).

I love that lens. By far the favorite that I have in my bag. Very sharp, quiet, and fast.
 
I've been using it as my primary wedding lens for a few years now, it's a very capable lens. The new version with VC (Tamron's version of IS, VR etc.) looks very promising as well, but it a bit more expensive.

I don' think, however, that it will be any better than the 16-35mm F2.8 L. It's only advantage being that's it's less than half the price.

The Canon EF-S 17-55mm F2.8 IS, is certainly worth considering. It's a better lens than the Tamron, but it's twice the price (of the non-VC version anyway).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom