Tamron 17-50 non-vc or vc?

Neus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello guys! First of all, I would like to introduce myself, as I am a new user at this site. My name is Genya, my origin is from Belarus, but nowadays I am living at Israel. I am 20 years old, and nowadays I am serve at the IDF(Israel defense forces). I hope I will have fun at this forum, learn more about photography, and maybe also teach others;);)! I own Nikon D5100, which I have bought last week as my first Dslr camera, and as a attached lens, I bought the tamron 17-50, with the vc motor. So, I would like to hear your opinion in some issue.. I bought the tamron with vc motor, which is, according to some reviews and opinions of users, no better than the non-vc version. I understood that the non-vc lens is much better, and have a better quality than the vc one. I really feel that I did a mistake when I chose to buy the vc one.. Maybe I did a wrong selection.. Someone can make me more peaceful about my purchase?

Last edited:
From what I read, there are differences in optical performance. However I doubt you can tell the difference. So just enjoy what you have. It's a nice lens.

Yep the differences between the two are minor issues and not worth worrying after the fact.
I shot the non-VC for years. The VC is also an outstanding lens.
The issues was worth the extra $150 and the larger less common 82mm vs. 77mm of the non-VC.

So too late to care about those two issues.
As to sharpness the difference is negligible to worry about after the fact.

Just Test that you have a good copy and enjoy using it.

Most reactions

Back