I think any non-telephoto with a non-constant aperture that only goes down to 3.5 at it's widest is junk.
So I can only assume that all your lenses are faster than 3.5? What camera body do you shoot with? You must have some really nice stuff, having such an opinion about junky vs. non-junky gear and seemingly being so picky about it.
I have the lowly 18-55mm kit lens, and the lowly 55-200mm VR, for what they are, for what they were designed to do, for what they cost, they do just fine as far as IQ goes. I had a Nikon 18-200 VR, and although I really liked the focal length (WHOOPS, not faster than a 3.5), I don't feel the IQ had a value of 3X what the 55-200mm VR sells for.
A Professional photographer from say, 7-10 years ago would consider much of the technology that some of us consider substandard as being to die for.
Like it really takes $1,500.00 to get into photography, and to be able to take nice photographs.
There are many here who love photography who could never spend that much $$ on their camera gear.
Photography is supposed to be fun, not make you brokeh doing it...