Tamron 28-75. 2.8

canadyken1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone out there had any experience with the tamron 28-75 lense and would like to share their thoughts good or bad.

KEN_7706.JPG

Last edited:
I got mine a couple months ago for my D7000. I love the lens. My lens has a built in motor so I think it's the latest revision.

I hear great reviews , if it happens to not be as sharp as you think it should be send it in to Tamron and let them fine tune it during the warranty period. Really the best thing to do is take your camera to the store and put the lens on it and shoot a few shots, outside and in. If you like it buy it.
-
Shoot well, Joe

I've had one for a while now and I am very satisfied with it. It will produce nice a sharp images especially with a tripod since it doesn't have image stabilization. You really can't beat the price either. I did have it act up a couple of times the auto focus didn't work and just had play around with it and it worked after that. I also fine tuned the focus of it on my D7000 it was off just a bit.

Does Tamron have a VR or IS version of this lens? Does Tamron even have an equivalent technology?

Tamron has some lenses with VC - vibration compensation.

Has anyone out there had any experience with the tamron 28-75 lense and would like to share their thoughts good or bad?
I've shot with it fir 2 years, and than changed to a 28-70L. in my opinion the sharpness of it was VERY GOOD, even at the aperture of 2.8. the problem was that besides sharpness, there's nothing outstanding with this lens, including color, bokeh and michenicmechanical strengtal.
of course, considered about the price, these problems are meaningless~
If you have a Full Format DSLR, this lens would be an economical choice

I know a few people with this lens. It is a great deal and gives impressive results.

I've been wanting this lens for the past 3-4 months now, after seeing some impressive shots and feedback in the photo archive over at POTN. Finally pulled the trigger tonight. Only problem is, I have to sell my 50mm 1.4 now, which isn't that big a deal. Gave me great images, but found myself wanting either a wider lens like the sigma 30mm or a better general purpose zoom lens, like this one :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back