Tamron 70-300mm DI LD for shooting macro videos?

lonerunner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I currently have Nikon D3100 but i am looking at buying D5500 or D5600 which one I find first as they are very hard to find around here and looking at them as cheaper option for 1080p 60fps video recording.

And I would like to fit Tamron 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD MACRO 1:2 with them to shoot some macro videos but i can't find anywhere on the internet any video examples, every review comes with example photos and on photos it looks like good cheap lens for macro photography.

My goal is to achieve to have subject isolated with very much blurred background like person isolated from the rest of the scene, or macro videography of raindrops falling on the mushrooms or bees flying on the flower, etc...

Could this Tamron lens fit for this, if anyone have source where i can see example video not of the lens but video recorded with this lens, or if you have any video to share i would much appreciate it.

No not at all- you need a dedicated macro lens say 105mm macro f2.8 by Sigma would suit your needs being a 1:1 magnification

The Tamron 70-300mm is NOT a dedicated Macro lens and I feel you will struggle to get the shots you want

Here's a shot with my Sony 90mm f2.8 macro lens @ a 1:1 mag

Kt1yZ22.jpg

and with my 70mm Sigma f1.4 ART macro lens

b3y61lR.jpg

Les :)

Most reactions

Back