Tamron 90mm Flower Pictures

m1a1fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's been awhile since I shared any photos on here and since I just received my new Tamron 90mm Macro I thought it would be nice to share a few flower shots that I took.

I went over to a florist to pick up some flowers but just like fruit, good flowers are hard to find this time of year.

I've lost some detail due to jpeg compression and resizing the image but I don't think they turned out to bad. Going to have to shoot more in .NEF (RAW).

Pictures were taken with my D80 and SB600 flash. I just taped an 8x10 sheet of paper to the flash to help diffuse the light and played around with the amount of light striking the flower.

Comments are welcome and appreciated.

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0047123.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

wow, i love these, thats a great lens, taking good macro photos of flowers is fun, very good!

Nice pictures, how do you like the Tamron 90mm Macro? I have always wanted to buy a Macro lens, I just not sure which one :(

Superb macro shots, the quality is awesome.

I like the second one.
I have the same lens and really like it.
Good shots. :thumbup:

wow, i love these, thats a great lens, taking good macro photos of flowers is fun, very good!

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Ya, flowers are quickly becoming one of my favorite subjects. Insects will be too once Spring and Summer returns to Chicago.

Nice pictures, how do you like the Tamron 90mm Macro? I have always wanted to buy a Macro lens, I just not sure which one :(

So far, the Tamron was a great choice (for me). From the reviews I've read, it seems that it's hard to go wrong with a Macro Lens from Tamron, Sigma or Tokina (lenses that I read reviews on). They all seem to be in the same ballpark as far as quality. Read reviews and take a look at images shot with the lens your looking to buy and see what will work best for you.

i love the detail on the last 2

Thanks!

Superb macro shots, the quality is awesome.

Thank you!

Can I be the bee in these pictures?

nice shots!

Thanks!

I like the second one.
I have the same lens and really like it.
Good shots. :thumbup:

Thanks. My next project will be a home made light tent to get my lighting in order.

:flower:

Most reactions

Back