Tamron issue or Canon issue or is it me?

Perhaps the lens is too slow at 600mm to get enough light for AF. That is common problem with extreme lenses like this.

I had to send it in for a third time. Hopefully third times the charm!

Hopefully they will say we have had enough of this stuff and send you a new copy. I had a similar problem a few years ago with an L lens from Canon. After the second trip to fix the same problem they called and asked if I would be okay with them replacing it with a new copy. Worked for me and the lens still perform flawlessly.

I had a laptop and though I normally don't do it I bought the "insurance". Well this store says three times for same issue, we replace it. Well lets just say on the 5th occasion for same problem over 12 months. They finally relented and give me full credit for the item (it was no longer made). I actually bought a 2nd laptop this one was gone so much.

I would try a single AF point and see how it works locked down on a tripod. The video also looked like maybe there wasn't much contrast between the birds and roof. My 80D and Tamron 70-200 G2 can do it in certain situations. I think most lenses in low contrast high facial lengths do.

Yes, I'm happy! Micro adjusted and all. I'm excited. I've been down both the camera and lens for 3 weeks now

Most reactions

Back