Tamron or Sigma

keybq

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tamron outresolves the Sigma but is a touch slower (and louder) to focus

The HSM on Sigma lenses is a plus. I have the Sigma 50-150 f2.8 and it is an outstanding lens. Don't know that Tamron, but my Tamron 17-50 f2.8 is outstanding, albeit a bit slow focus.

Sigma. Much faster to focus and still really good image quality. It's on my medium-short to long list...lol.

OK from what i have heard is that the sigma focus faster are talking like the tamron is a pinto and the sigma is a rocket. Or is the diffreance bearly noticeable.

OK from what i have heard is that the sigma focus faster are talking like the tamron is a pinto and the sigma is a rocket. Or is the diffreance bearly noticeable.

The noise will be noticeable.... the Tamron will be marginally slower.... hardly even noticeable...

Go to a store and check em out.... mount both on a camera and focus closest to infinity to compare.... I tried because I was considering one of these lenses...

Do you know if there is any near the INDnapolis IN area or chicago

Do you know if there is any near the INDnapolis IN area or chicago

Sorry, my avatar shows I'm in Canada, but I actually run a small republic in East Asia. I am unfamiliar with American Camera Stores.

Thats the problem all the local shops i know dont carry these highend lenses

ok my local store does not have this lens i am wondering if i where to compare two lesser priced lens from these 2 companies

ok my local store does not have this lens i am wondering if i where to compare two lesser priced lens from these 2 companies

uh... no... bad idea...

what is your priority? focus speed? or sharper images? what do you plan on shooting with the 70-200?

well mainly i am going to use it from everything from ballet's (cuz is a ballat dancer) sports, well pretty much everything

well mainly i am going to use it from everything from ballet's (cuz is a ballat dancer) sports, well pretty much everything

hmmm.... if priority is sports you may want to consider the Sigma for faster focusing...

however, the tamron excels in image quality at 200mm, so I guess another thing to consider...

bottom line... you will most likely end up happy with whichever one of these you choose...

unless you get a bum sample of the Sigma... but they seem to do okay with that lens..

I have to disagree with dear, the difference in the AF between the Sigma and the Tamron is completely night and day. The Tamron might be sharper, but it's no sports lens, it's got some of the slowest AF I have ever seen in any lens. Nikon's macro lenses focus faster then the tamron does, MACRO lenses!! Nikon's 80-200 AF-D focuses much faster.

The sigma on the other hand is unusually quick, however, can be a little indecisive.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back