Tar patterns

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Fujifilm XT2 60MM, Custom Acros R simulation. As a former painter/drawer, this texture and light spoke to me. These took me a long time to compose. My pre-vision was 3D, composition, widest zone value, and sharpness.

1. Hornet home
2017_0802_13241900-01.jpeg

2017_0802_13233300-01.jpeg

2017_0802_13195600-01.jpeg

Last edited:
A bit too large to be seen and appreciated on this 21-inch iMac's smaller monitor...I woulkd also maybe add a space [return key, or return key, 2x] or two in between then, so when they are shown full-sized, the will not run together (as they do currently).

Of the three, the last one captures my fancy the most.

I like the first one, at that angle. The second one is good but keeps going vertically maybe taking in a little too much. These were worth the time.

A bit too large to be seen and appreciated on this 21-inch iMac's smaller monitor...I woulkd also maybe add a space [return key, or return key, 2x] or two in between then, so when they are shown full-sized, the will not run together (as they do currently).

Of the three, the last one captures my fancy the most.
I didn't realize that. I will adjust, let me know.

I like the first one, at that angle. The second one is good but keeps going vertically maybe taking in a little too much. These were worth the time.
Thanks. I am searching, reaching, learning. Frustrating at times but I think I am making progress as a photographer albeit rather slow. I would be happy achieving decent at some point. It is strange to me because when I was painting and drawing, my hand and mind was rendering. Now my hand has not as great an importance. Trying to connect the dots.

Cool!!! Another vote for the first one!!

You seem to have a really good eye for patterns and the abstract. I think that is something not learned.
Thanks Dean. That is what I ended up to when I was painting. I started out with realism, then gravitated towards abstraction. I would paint something in a realist manner, then deconstruct it and turn it into an abstract. I am on the same path photographically. Problem is how do I deconstruct in camera.... I am now exploring printing to expedite my experience.

OMG! I love these. All of them. I might add more contrast for greater abstraction. Your eye is merging/integrating with your greater photographic skill and experience to capture these images.

I wish these were mine.

OMG! I love these. All of them. I might add more contrast for greater abstraction. Your eye is merging/integrating with your greater photographic skill and experience to capture these images.

I wish these were mine.
Wow, really? That makes me smile. I so did not want to post these. But, I was on a project, so I took a chance. I will edit these at a later date. I am planning to print one of them myself in a cyanotype. I have been experimenting with it and have had decent, journaled results. I am almost to a point where I can feel confident in it's process.

I believe #3 deserves printing. I worked hard at the composition, even used a calculator. I am going to bring it into Alienware Exposure 2 and see if I can dial it in. I'm so excited!

Outstanding. Like I said, you have a good eye. The first one is my favorite of the three. Repetitive patterns almost always make good compositions.

Outstanding. Like I said, you have a good eye. The first one is my favorite of the three. Repetitive patterns almost always make good compositions.
Thanks bud, your off the slap list now....lol

Most reactions

Back