Teaching my wife photography

AUZambo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife has expressed interest in learning how to use my DSLR. In what order would you teach her stuff about the camera? I think if I could get her to understand the relationship between aperture, shutter speed, & ISO, and how those setting affect a shot, that would get her off to a good start.

Is there somewhere else I should start instead?

I started with composition, keep the cam on M and flash on TTL or A & keep camera in raw. She spends more time shooting :thumbup:(fun part) and less time worrying about everything else (my job) :thumbdown:. lol

Let me know what works for you, I haven't had much luck teaching my wife, lol.

If I set it up for her or put it in Av, she's fine. Not quite ready for M though...

Set it on P or Automatic and let her go take some pictures. As questions come up teach it to her.
See if you can convince her to read the manual before she starts...good luck with that lol.
Don't overcomplicate it, make it fun.

If I set it up for her or put it in Av, she's fine. Not quite ready for M though...

I'm the same way with my girlfriend.
I think with her though she's interested.. but not really interested enough to put in the time to learn correctly.

My hubby started out teaching me but then I found it easier to discover things on my own. He could tell me over and over but until I actually took tons of pictures I didnt get it. Good luck........:sexywink:

My wife says, "When you learn how to use it, you can teach me." :er::lmao:

+1 Now thats funny , I can picture my wife right now telling me that!!

Most reactions

Back