TEAM JACKSON

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
VEbObxCSSiiRpSVB9WWo9g_thumb_8d0f_Fotor.jpg

TEAM JACKSON ~ Owner / handler Deb and her gun dog retriever trainee TTF JACKSON LAD O' CLOONFINISH, call name "JACKSON" are seen here just after our morning training session today had ended.

JACKSON is a nice British Labrador pup that just turned 8 months old. Both Deb and JACKSON started training with me in January and they are progressively becoming a nice handler / retriever team.

Having no prior experience as a hunter nor as a dog handler, it has been most interesting to watch Deb evolving as she learns many new skill sets in working with JACKSON and myself. A trained clinical psychologist, Deb certainly understands many of the technical concepts involved in the shaping of desired behaviors and the learning processes that the young retriever gun dog trainee must undergo to become a competent gun dog and K9 hunt test athlete.

My having arranged for Deb and her family to acquire JACKSON out of a very nice field performance breeding, Deb had decided that she wanted to see JACKSON trained to do what he was in fact selectively bred to do. I applaud Deb in her diligence and dedication to participating in the training of her wonderful retriever. Deb's continuing participation in training alongside with JACKSON and myself coaching both of them has translated into Deb becoming a much more confident and competent handler. Additionally, one can readily perceive the growing bond and mutual respect betwixt owner and retriever as they become a working team.

JACKSON is now doing single and double marked retrieves on land and water. JACKSON has also been doing land-water-land retrieves. JACKSON is currently being e-collar conditioned and he has been introduced and continued to decoys, calls, live and dead birds, water, gunfire, and he is crate trained and he has been well socialized to other dogs and people. JACKSON is currently delivering birds and training bumpers retrieved classically to hand upon issue of the verbal command "GIVE" by his handler.

JACKSON will soon be starting HOLD conditioning followed by FORCE FETCH conditioning, otherwise known as the conditioned retrieve.

JACKSON'S progress has come along very nicely and he should soon be ready to enter his first hunt test events in both the HRC Started Hunting Retriever and AKC Junior Hunter stakes.

JACKSON is a confident and ever more bold retriever currently weighing in at approximately 67 athletic pounds.

I have thoroughly enjoyed working with both Deb and JACKSON to date and look forward continuing training them to a more advanced level.

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️

Most reactions

New Topics

Back